Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 5 months ago #63815 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic I suspect,.....

thriller wrote: I've stayed away from the board this year, but I just can't resist:

The whole TG thing is more complicated than just the NCAA sticking a finger in the wind. There is a genuine GRUDGE held here, folks. I anticipate the NCAA adding 1 or 2 games to the completed self-imposed-penalty, in order to force UGA to appeal and lose TIME. Read the following and understand that it's not JUST paranoia that the NCAA seems to hold UGA and Oklahoma to a "higher standard". This is about MONEY!!!! Can you imagine what college football would be like today if this lawsuit had never happened? And then there's the EMBARRASSMENT factor on top.

www.athleticscholarships.net/important-ncaa-lawsuits.htm

(On another note. I apologize to ogredawg and everyone else here. I took the low road in a "dispute" between us, and I'm not good at that. Keeping to myself for a bit - still cheering for my DAWGS!!)

thriller posted a "Thank You" on your post above. You belong here, won't get long winded, bet you this . . . . ogredawg holds no hard feelings. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63816 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic I suspect,.....
After just apologizing for "taking the low road", here I go again. But this is too funny. Anything to get some enjoyment out of Tennessee's misery. We have to enjoy that while it lasts:

www.rockytoptalk.com/2014/10/22/7032493/...cumstantial-evidence

:laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #63817 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic I suspect,.....

NC_Dawg wrote: Neither do I, but the tide is beginning to change and they had better "step and fetch", before the $$$ train known as the SEC drops one dead square 'twixt their eye sockets!

HUH????......you crack me up!! :woohoo: :woohoo: ;)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63818 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic I suspect,.....

ogredawg wrote:

thriller wrote: I've stayed away from the board this year, but I just can't resist:

The whole TG thing is more complicated than just the NCAA sticking a finger in the wind. There is a genuine GRUDGE held here, folks. I anticipate the NCAA adding 1 or 2 games to the completed self-imposed-penalty, in order to force UGA to appeal and lose TIME. Read the following and understand that it's not JUST paranoia that the NCAA seems to hold UGA and Oklahoma to a "higher standard". This is about MONEY!!!! Can you imagine what college football would be like today if this lawsuit had never happened? And then there's the EMBARRASSMENT factor on top.

www.athleticscholarships.net/important-ncaa-lawsuits.htm

(On another note. I apologize to ogredawg and everyone else here. I took the low road in a "dispute" between us, and I'm not good at that. Keeping to myself for a bit - still cheering for my DAWGS!!)

all good with me and nice to see you back and hope you keep posting

DITTO, thriller :) :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63819 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic I suspect,.....
Thiller your killer hows it going

yes just a little drinking going own in mexico!!!

so glad we have the week off

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63820 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic I suspect,.....
thriller, read the article, one thought passed through my head. Pulled this paragraph from the article . . . .

Alabama's pass defense has been sneakily not-as-strong-as-the-run-defense, which is to say they're still good. (However, they aren't as strong as Tennessee's secondary statistically so far this year and what is this brand new world we're living in?)

There was a small bit of conversation about Pruitt leaving Alabama, then leaving FSU on this board.

Wow, just wow. Willie Martinez is the coach that runs the defensive backfield for Tennessee, and from what little I know, Nick Saban is the mastermind of the defensive backfield for Alabama.

Alabama and FSU have dropped off in that particular area since . . . .yep, Jeremy Pruitt's departure from both universities. Realizing that many of the young men have moved on, some to the NFL, others to graduation.

One thing that I have noticed, and I believe others on this board and other boards recognize . . . . Georgia's defensive backfield is part of the Red and Black that are creating a lot of turnovers. A group of young men that signed on to play in Athens that were not recruited by Pruitt. Is Pruitt/Rocker and Company that good? Do we see improvement overall from a group of defensive coaches that are one year removed from other programs.

Could it be that we have something "special" in Athens on the defensive side? If we believe and sometimes bring "statistics" into the conversation, this group of players have proven to "me" that Pruitt/Rocker and Company are more than ready to "teach their system" to incoming recruits and move us up another step in the SEC. I think about such things.

Have to say this again, and it will probably not be the last time. Seven(7) different lineups so far on the defensive side. Think about that . . . . how many D1 universities can say that? Damn, this is the first year under this group, and now Georgia's defense is being played up by the media. The seven different lineups are not based on "injuries", they are based on the talent that will face off against the next opponent based on skill set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds