Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63657 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Christine Brennan as you say wlayton, "Bold Lady".

Beginning to have flashbacks of urban meyer while running (ruining) the program for the gators.

Of course these head football coaches have no knowledge of what the players are doing. Having said that, that is the problem. If we are gullible enough to believe these coaches that understand one thing . . . . win at any cost. Also I would say to Christine Brennan the NCAA has run their program(s) very much like some of the head coaches. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63658 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Amen Buc it's too easy did he do it or not No rocket science HERE!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63660 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
That is just it. We as a society have compromised what leadership is IMO? Sports are probably the worst example. Is leadership winning football games? Or is leadership disciplining young men for their mistakes, trying to help them improve themselves so they might succeed outside of football. Is Jimbo a leader? He has a NC and wins a lot of football games. Sure Miami stood up to the NCAA, and FSU is, but that doesn't mean they were right in doing so IMO.

Or is leadership suspending the best player in the country because he has told you he has made a mistake? Is leadership releasing a kid for stepping out of line, but caring enough about a kid that you truly hope he does well? Allowing that kid the option of returning to use your facilities on pro day because you truly want the young man to be successful? Is leadership establishing the PO foundation because life after football for football players is tough?

I don't want to sound negative, or ripping anyone, but I saw many angry with CMR because UGA acted, and didn't sweep this under the rug. Not saying anyone particular on this site, but others as well, have expressed that we should take the FSU approach. Is that really what we want? Regardless of how absurd the rule is, it is still a rule. And Gurley had been educated on those rules. And he chose to break the rules. Do we really want to turn our heads, and act like we saw nothing? Is that leadership?

There is a coach I have gained a ton of respect for in East Tennessee. I played against his teams, coached against his teams, and have the upmost respect for him. He has won something like 11 out of 14 state championships in the last 14 years. He has been offered D1 coordinating jobs. His motto is this, after winning state championships. He tells his players and assistants "Don't let today be the best day of your life." Makes sense after I got away from the game, and was blessed with a beautiful wife, and 2 beautiful daughters. I love them, but I will not sweep anything under the rug for my 2 girls. Wrong will always be wrong.

I realize many believe that football and life are 2 different playing fields. Maybe for some. I have the best Dad in the world, he has made me into who I am today. But, I learned many life lessons from my high school coach and college coach. They put their touches on who I am today. I used to tell my players that the easiest way to expose someone's character is competition.

Is CMR not a leader because he refuses to lower his standards on drug use, or he refuses to turn his head on wrong? Or is he not a leader because he doesn't call the play we wanted, or he has never won a NC?

Sorry to be so long. Lot of thought going through my head. Also, curious to see how the whole autograph thing goes. Lot deeper than just Gurley and Winston. Tons of autographed items out there for tons of athletes.

GO DAWGS, don't have a great feeling about Saturday. Ark is a lot better than their record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63661 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
That is one GREAT post AD5....couldn't agree more.

Our society has been spiraling downhill for years now and it is no surprise it has engulfed sports.

CMR doesn't hesitate to suspend a player and that is the right thing to do not only for the kid but for the school as well. How much more embarrassing would it be to turn your head and let him keep playing then find evidence he was guilty and have to forfeit all those games.

The right thing was done.....I just wish they could expedite the process. If no proof, let him play....if guilty, keep him suspended.

Will society ever get back to morals, great character and total honesty??....I doubt it....SAD.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63662 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
AllDawgs5, much to agree on in your post.

Will say this . . . . Leadership has "many different faces". Believe that to be one of your strongest points in the post, that is how I interpreted what I consider a very honest post.

One thing on the Arkansas game. Tracy Rocker now proves just how valuable he is to our football team and fans. One wish I have is that Penn Wagers finds himself elsewhere.

I add this link, there are others.

www.macon.com/2013/11/19/2784568_richt-d...frontation.html?rh=1

Edit: Will add this.
espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11712824
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63664 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

scooby wrote: I just cant see how winning is so important to tarnish the reputation of your school.

FSU tarnishing it's reputation in regards to athletic impropriety?

That ship done sailed, long ago.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds