Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 5 months ago #63379 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
sflanagan21 posted . . . . hate to sound like a pessimist but the proof is in the pudding. HM will NOT and can NOT win us a game and that's what we are probably going to need from our QB this Saturday. I don't know if Ramsey is the answer but I wouldn't wait too long to find out...

sflanagan, start with this. I am glad that you and AllDawgs5 are posting here. Not just the two of you, there are many that make this board what it is. List too long to post names. It is not necessarily about disagreement, believe it to be knowledge.

From that statement to this one. Both you and AD5 have been close to today's young men, it shows in the statements the two of you make here. Both of you coaching in recent times. There will never be 100% agreement, but . . . . without calling names, there are several here that know what the heck they are talking about. Not going to post names, list is too long.

Watched Ramsey in the Vanderbilt game, closely because I want Georgia to move forward. Definitely has an arm. Appears that Mike Bobo is going to move forward with his comments on the quarterback position. Some things coaches don't say, especially at the quarterback position if the "all clear" has been sounded.

One thing to bring a young player in when the game is under control, quite another when emotions are running high on both teams and the game is in question. As ogredawg has mentioned, along with others, we are going to play a team that will come to play. Play to our strength, put the onus on them. Georgia wins, not good for Missouri. Missouri wins, not good for Georgia. Allow me this . . . . Pinkel scares the absolute pp out of me. Solid coach, that has proven he can lead a "newbie" in the SEC. Second half can be scary against a Pinkel coached team. Don't think I will get any "flack" on that statement. ;)

Another talent coming to Georgia, along with Trenton Thompson in 2015, video below. Don't bash me . . . . I hate seeing this caliber of talent not reaching greater heights in Athens. Could be Pruitt/Rocker and Company will change the defensive side of the ball. Offense? Here we are going into our sixth game discussing the quarterback position. Just a thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63380 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Do like Dantonio....great coach that flies under the radar (or use to).

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63381 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
You are so right Steve was a little guy as far as defensive linemen go, but he was all heart. That's what was common in the "DAY" as you like to put it. Most linemen both offensive & defensive were in the 230 to 260lb range, not the over wt. fat bellies that we see today. Would like to go back in time to the 40's & 50's, that was real football. By the way Steve got his clock cleaned when he ran into the "Huskers" in he Sun Bowl in 1969, final score Huskers 45 Dawgs 6. Oh well can't win them all. Hope we do better against" Columbia West".
As always, GO DAWGA!!!!!!!!!!!
PS Watched the Fordham vs Lefeytte {sp}, like stepping back in time. Really enjoyed it. Great to be OLD.

Member since 1999

More
9 years 5 months ago #63382 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Give me a dual threat QB and a stout O line, catch me if ya can (points)!

More
9 years 5 months ago #63383 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Give a defensive mind to run the show. FSU #1 defense embarrassed clem last year in death valley. Believe it was 51-7. Give me Dantonio or Smart.

I hope you're sitting down for this one, AD5....for the first time in the history of the board (I think).....WE AGREE 100%!! :laugh: :laugh:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
9 years 5 months ago #63384 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
It is all personal preference with coaches. I am not saying offensive minded coaches can't win. They do. My only thought is that in our league, you better have an above average defense if you want to be a consistent winner.

On our coaching, I feel for Pruitt. His battle is more than a scheme, or players always understanding. I see guys playing not to mess up. That is mindset that was created by the last staff IMO. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guys in position to make plays, but don't trust what they are seeing. Changing a culture is his battle. Going to blame the previous staff for that. Also, going to blame CMR for letting it happen. I don't think he created it, but he hired the coach who did. Only reason I say that is because I have been where Pruitt is as a coach. I see the same things from this group as I did with a group I took over. Success breeds success. Believe if we ever start having success on the side, watch out. Eye discipline is big, but you have to believe what your eyes see, and go make a play.

GO DAWGS

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds