Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63389 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I had to look to see who they had played. I understand their ranking now. Murray st, wake forest, fiu, Syracuse??? How life is easy in the ACC?

GO DAWGS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63390 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: It is all personal preference with coaches. I am not saying offensive minded coaches can't win. They do. My only thought is that in our league, you better have an above average defense if you want to be a consistent winner.

On our coaching, I feel for Pruitt. His battle is more than a scheme, or players always understanding. I see guys playing not to mess up. That is mindset that was created by the last staff IMO. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guys in position to make plays, but don't trust what they are seeing. Changing a culture is his battle. Going to blame the previous staff for that. Also, going to blame CMR for letting it happen. I don't think he created it, but he hired the coach who did. Only reason I say that is because I have been where Pruitt is as a coach. I see the same things from this group as I did with a group I took over. Success breeds success. Believe if we ever start having success on the side, watch out. Eye discipline is big, but you have to believe what your eyes see, and go make a play.

GO DAWGS

GO DAWGS

I'm with you a 100%! It's paramount to build a D these days that are athletic and have outstanding cardio to be able to maintain for 4 fast paced quarters. I believe Pruitt understands that but like you said he is trying to right the ship and its going to take some time. I firmly believe that we are headed in the right direction on that side of the ball, no excuses for Pruitt he is just playing the cards that were dealt to him right now and playing the best he can. His hands are so tied with what he can do on D because of our secondary personnel that its mind blowing and your average fan doesn't see that. You can't make pudding out of shit, just doesn't look nor taste the same.

AM made Bobo look like a genius especially last year I think we all on this board saw that. A lot concerned me at the QB position coming into the season because of the little I saw from HM there was nothing that he did really good, his package looked average to me. I said before the Clemson game that if he can just manage the game then we maybe okay but if we were to get in a DAWG fight and had to rely on him then we were in trouble. After watching FB in the G game I said there is our starting QB right there. Kid is smart, athletic, good wheels and a get the job done arm. HM looked average at best and brings nothing more in any part of his game. And play makers will not make a difference with a QB like him. He has so many holes in his game it's terrifying for a fan and candy for a D coordinator.

I know I bash HM a lot and the fact is it's not totally his fault, though I've heard he isn't much of a gym guy and if you ask me he needs to be working on his right arm. I just hope Bobo can find it in him to change his ways of thinking as far as his style of calling the offense goes, not saying we do away with the Pro Style. I'm just saying we recruit QB's that can open up our playbook, spread out D's and can hurt you with his feet as well as his arm. Right now FB can do that and so can Jacob Park who in my opinion is going to be a great QB in the near future for someone...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63443 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Stop the presses! Did Sadlerdawg & AD5 just agree on something :cheer:

Wlayton, Did not know that fact you dropped about Louisville's D under Grantham but the did look very legit on opening night of the season to my eyes as I actually watched their game.

Still, we all know it ain't because of Grantham's coaching acumen; they simply have some talented upperclassman on that side of the ball...give it a year or two & let's see how they rank after HIS stamp is on their program?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds