Forum

Vandy Game Day Thread

9 years 5 months ago #63232 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy Game Day Thread
It's truely an honor and a pleasure to watch #3!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63234 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Vandy Game Day Thread
Going to be a long day in Columbia West if our D Front does not contain Mauk

you certainly want to put the game into #3 hands next week and not get cute or count on the QB or cover guys to win in Columbia West

Will give Bobo credit he did call a decent game this time around

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63235 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Vandy Game Day Thread
CMB did call a good game. Glad to have NC as a Dawg. Him playing like this as a freshman will make the transition from TG to him smoother

Things shaking up on the westside of the SEC. OL did good work again. 4th quarter we showed

We have some. Quality depth a very good thing

Brice sprays the ball, notice CMR chatting with him on the sideline

Nice to see Bowman comeback after getting beat and enjoying a earful from CJP making the

Pick 6. Improvement needle twitched just a little. Imac is fun to wa4ch

Speaking of fun...team had fun playing and winning. TG. a lefty QB?????

Get a solid week of practice and get after the other tigers. Great to be a Dawg

Chapel bell getting a major work out. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63239 by ogredawg
Now the meat of the schedule comes into play...these next 5 weeks will show if we are a pretender or contender leading up to what I will say is the best team in the SEC...Aubuurn... they have the talent to handle a Ms. State team...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63240 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy Game Day Thread
Amazing what a "running quarterback" can accomplish against what many around the country consider very good football teams. Of course Marshall probably would have been a very good defensive back for Georgia. Gus Malzahn has another "running quarterback" that is being groomed as we speak to take over from Nick Marshall. Jeremy Johnson by name, 6'5" 230lbs. Preparation for the future, ole Gus understands.

While I can wish for certain things, wishes don't always come true. There are many and many more that are climbing on board with quarterbacks with wheels. Defensive backs and linebackers have also changed, size and speed over the years, requires more than a stand in the pocket quarterback, especially if the pro style quarterback has a problem connecting with receivers. Witnessed some serious hits on the quarterbacks yesterday, soon enough after the release to not draw a penalty.

Watching Justin Worley for Tennessee, believe I was watching a wounded quarterback from the hit he received in Athens. Not the same player before and after the hit between the Hedges.

Auburn, Mississippi State will be a physical game for sure. Dak Prescott as described by sflanagan21 is headed to the pros soon and will play. Reminds me a lot of Blake Bortles that is now employed by JAX.

Glad to get the win, after watching the Kentucky/South Carolina game, just another example of the kind of football that is played in the SEC. Stoops has Kentucky believing, South Carolina believes now.

Correct me if I am wrong. Appears to me that too much emphasis is being put on "sack the quarterback" and not playing the run game a bit tighter. Guess Pruitt has his reasons for that. As discussed in another thread, first year for Jeremy Pruitt, will understand more about our defensive coordinator when he does have his players in Athens. I have faith the defensive side will improve . . . . has to. Auburn will be a huge test, yep they like to run the football, that includes their present quarterback and the young man that will follow him.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63264 by ogredawg
After this game the Dawgs are at the crossroads of a make or break season. Mizzou is a MUST win on thier turf to gain any respect in the rankings. With Carolina losing like they have and us losing to them makes this game in Columbia West HUGE...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• ogredawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds