Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 6 months ago #63159 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
NC_Dawg, much can be drawn from your post that could and should be discussed here. I will take one line, and there are many that I could draw from.

Toss in many, MANY assistant coaching changes on both sides and you begin to get a clear and disturbing picture of a revolving door....

Couple of thoughts on that comment. First, when I see a coach leave Nick Saban it is usually with his blessings. Some might not understand just how far that goes when recruiting time comes around every year. Example of that is Jimbo Fisher, comes from those that have studied under Saban. Pruitt spent his time with Saban and he has great respect for Nick, has said it more than once since leaving Tuscaloosa. Most of us know that Saban had a serious sit down with Kirby Smart about choosing wisely his next move. Great advice. Another case of a defensive coordinator that loves the University of Georgia, but knows his value to SEC football would diminish greatly under Mark Richt. I harbor some of those same thoughts about Pruitt and Richt.

You are right about Pruitt's contract, unless there is something we don't know. There is always that possibility.

This thought sticks to my gray matter, and from time to time, it finds its way through the "clouds". Richt said that he feels good, brought up the name of Bobby Bowden some time back when he was discussing whether or not he would coach past his contract with Georgia. If we pay close attention to his words, that is the lead up to a much larger amount than he now draws. At this point, if Pruitt turns the defense around, Mark Richt will get credit for that, not Will Friend. There will be smiles and numbers thrown Richt's way to sign on for x number of years.

At the present time there seems to be a difference of opinion between Richt and Bobo about the returning receivers for Saturdays game. Truthfully, I find that to be more of the same for our coaching staff. Bobo seems to be showing his right to remain the offensive coordinator and who will and will not play on Saturday. Simple answer to that is this . . . . Ron Courson will make that decision. Frankly, Mark Richt is playing the PR game, top receivers will play comment, that automatically puts butts in the seats. Fact.

Enjoyed your post, and will add this . . . . Soccer, Swimming, Baseball, Volleyball . . . . you said Again, no understanding of football coaching, but plenty elsewhere and I know that without coaching stability across all disciplines the team will suffer!....Just saying...... Two words "coaching stability" you are spot on, regardless of the sport.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63171 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Vandy need I say more
B.Douglas is ready to make up for fumble against vandy last year!

Hope he gets to carrie the load after the first Quarter.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63172 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
Dawg With Style, Douglas is a very good football player. Difference between him and some others around the SEC is he wants the football. There is a fire burning in his gut, not a doubt in my mind. Scares me not when he is handed the football.

So much "player talent on this team". :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #63176 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy need I say more
Rico Johnson's football career looks to be over. I feel like our team has some kind of curse on it!

More
9 years 6 months ago #63177 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Vandy need I say more

sflanagan21 wrote: Rico Johnson's football career looks to be over. I feel like our team has some kind of curse on it!

it's just being a Bulldog :laugh:

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63178 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Vandy need I say more
The good news about Rico is it was found before it turned into a major problem on his life

He remains on full scholarship and will receive aid from the P.O. foundation.

Prayers and thoughts

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds