Forum

Tennessee Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63066 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Well... Women's soccer game between LSU and Arkansas went 2 overtimes. UGA / UT game SEVERELY cut. Thanks SEC Network. Got to see about 8 minutes of the entire 1st half. They cut the most 3rd qtr also ( which was the one I really wanted to see ) unless I took a bathroom break and missed it.

Anyway. Play calling is huge issue in my book. Why do we march down the field with RBs and score, then come out next series and go 3 and out with incomplete pass, draw from shotgun, and a screen pass behind the line?

I don't see how getting Wesley-Scott, Rumph, and Mitchell back when we cant throw to our other receivers. Did we throw to TE at all? It seems to me that if they are crowding the line, and they were, why the TE is not used over the middle. They had LBs spying on TG all game.

Things that disappointed me the most was the UT scoring drive with 1:15 before half and the drive after the fumble recovery in endzone for TD.

Which leads me to this question: would it have been better to have a safety and ball with 5 minutes to go or the TD? I argue the 2 pts and the ball.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63068 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Our play calling is and has been a predictable weakness. We saw the same tendencies when CMR was the OC, now Bobo "the Heir Apparent" follows suit....I listened to Mark May and Granny discuss HM and our poor play calling....Even the AJC has inked their concern....We've never had a "killers" mentality...The closest we came was on D, many, MANY years ago and that coach and CMR never saw eye to eye...and he was sent packing,.....#THAT should have been the first clue that our "Maiden Voyage" was on the "SS Minnow"......

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63086 by NC_Dawg
Next year, when we are breaking in a new QB because the "Dynamic Duo on O" refused to accept the reality that HM ain't got it, we will likely get eclipsed by a fast rising UT Program and find ourselves a lot closer to UF than USCe....If you like 8-4, 9-3 seasons with an occasional 10-2 or 11-1 to keep you doe-eyed and writing that annual check, you're in good hands!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63087 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
NC-Dawg, you hit it on the nose. We have two problems: a mediocre 'manager' QB this year, and young talent not getting prepared for next year, sans Gurley. Coaches could solve both by simply putting play packages together for both Ramsey and Bauta and giving them some minutes. If they can't hack it in the SEC, we should find out now. If they can, and have the winning edge, then their time should increase as the season progresses. Murray had "IT". Don't see "IT" in HM. Great guy, great asset for team, but not a champ QB. We've seen this before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63101 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
We all might as well face it..HM is the QB just like Joe Cox was the QB...if a change is made it will after losing to Mizzou and Arkansas but then it will be too late to salvage any type of season...so enjoy the Music City Bowl

Greats players bad coaching equals mediocrity

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63116 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Man, while I'm not happy either, you guys are bruuuutal. :woohoo:

PVBDAWG