Forum

From Athens-GDF #4

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62979 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-GDF #4
This is not meant to be ugly, in my opinion the following quote from "Toby Johnson #88" reinforces what has been said over and over on this board.

“I expect for us to get better every day,” Johnson said. “We can only control what we can control. The talent we have at Georgia…I don’t think anybody can really beat us. If we do our job, I really do believe that nobody can beat us. Like I said, we’ll just get better and take it one game at a time.”

Lots being said about quarterbacks, receivers, linebackers, running backs.

I believe Toby Johnson can be an absolute "terror" tomorrow at 12 noon against the Tennessee offensive line. Believe he is that good. Also believe he will play in the NFL. Toby Johnson was just that in the practices before the 2014 Season started.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just sometimes I look at what too many think are the overall determining factors in a football teams success.

Toby Johnson could not be handled by "our offensive line" during the "warmups" for 2014. I certainly hope that there is a message there. Tennessee's offensive line . . . . again, very young. More to defensive football than defensive backs, linebackers, defensive ends and safeties. Maybe we need to pay attention to what the front 3 or 4 "big'uns" are doing. You think?

Edit: Toby Johnson is not talking out of his bottom side. Time for all of us to understand what is really "not going on in Athens". Talent, looking at this years recruiting standings, seems to me that Georgia is in the upper five (5). We have been there before 2014.

Don't damn lose to Tennessee, not acceptable. Say again yd1, it ain't about cute, it is about "coaching them up". Time is now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62980 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-GDF #4
It is back to work. We haven't really had to play since SC. (Sorry Troy) In the last 4 weeks we had every other week off if you don't count the Troy game. (sorry again Troy) Now we have to crank it up and play hard every weekend.
GO Dawgs!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 6 months ago #62981 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-GDF #4
stevedawg, as hard as the players worked in the offseason, the amount of time that our group has had to "look into the future" think I can safely say this . . . . Everyone that wears the Red and Black believes we "should" win tomorrow in Athens. Say this again, been "down that road" before.

Will be "all eyes" at 12 noon . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62984 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-GDF #4

stevedawg wrote: It is back to work. We haven't really had to play since SC. (Sorry Troy) In the last 4 weeks we had every other week off if you don't count the Troy game. (sorry again Troy) Now we have to crank it up and play hard every weekend.
GO Dawgs!!!!

It's okay Steve, Troy knows they're bad.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62990 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens-GDF #4
Thanks as always yd1...

Champ is READY for old Smokey.....granted he might lick him to death, but a win is a win, right?

We will handle UT for 2 reasons:

1. UT's inexperienced OL
2. UT's inexperienced DL

Gotta have good ones to win in the SEC.

Hmmmm, noon start, well yd1, you have a choice...Bloody Marys or cool ones? I'll have to wait until 7:00 games.

Enjoy everyone, it's going to be a good day.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds