Forum

From Athens-GDF #4

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62967 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-GDF #4 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

GDF-#4 at home a very good thing

We will get two more games under our belt before hitting the road

I think this plays in our favor.

Last year’s UT game was a nothing short of a nightmare and just an omen of the looming disaster waiting in Nashville.

We will score points

They will score points

If and the word is if….we can get a pass rush like we did in the fourth quarter the last time we played a urange team here at home ,IMO the results will be very similar.
However we best have “it” for the entire game

I see us playing a bunch of folks on defense keeping fresh bodies banging on a young UT “O” line

Our Sack pack gets a work out hounding UT’s QB causes an int

Coming into game 4 we are 64%/36% –run-to pass play calling

As other here have correctly noted no need to reinvent the wheel or

Be cute…..ground and pound mix in the TE for good measure

UT stacks the box…time for Imac and SM to torch them on quick passes

I hear UT is coming in with chip wanting to prove last year was
Not a fluke

Just like Clumpson we want to prove that it was

HM just manage the game. Ball security and use all your tools

We get a few more plays from our “D” and this can get ugly in our favor very quickly. Would not mind that at all.

UT has not met TG or NC or SM or Imac and very little of MB

Our “O” line is a tad better than we had in Ktown last year

OK time to smash the pumpkin people and send them back to the hills

We get it done- please no drama !!!

Dawgs wake up and take care of business at home

Wlayton- you need to get Champ after Smokey

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62971 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens-GDF #4
We need to get the ole "MO" going early and that will be tough with a 12:00 kick.

Don't worry YD1 ... reinforcements are on the way. Bulldog training pulling out of TN at 12:00 today!

See ya soon.

Go Dawgs! GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
9 years 6 months ago #62975 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-GDF #4
yankeedawg1, honestly believe Tennessee is the make or break game for us this season.

Couple of coaches on the Tennessee defensive side that would like nothing better than leaving Athens with a win. At this point, believe that a Georgia win means more to them than beating Florida.

Can remember "back in the day" when both Tennessee and Georgia would have great punters and kickers. Here is hoping that our field goal kicker got the "kinks" out against South Carolina.

Why do I have this feeling that we are going to see Ramsey taking some snaps in this game? Have not seen it mentioned anywhere, just this little "thingy" in the back of my head.

Have read your posts before saying just win, that is where I am at every game we play now. Folks start throwing out 17 point difference, same folks that had us in the final four, now they are not sure we could beat the top four or five teams in the SECW.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62976 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-GDF #4
Agree Buc...just win. You are correct ...may see both BR and FB

Let this slide up until now the reason as picked up by tbe announcers that HM was

In the wild dawg formation was to have TN see it, yes the ran away from HM

Did you see the Bengals score with Dalton same formation this past Sunday

Yes vety big game. Many chips on the table. TG. ready

Nice read on our OL in the ABH this morning.. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62977 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-GDF #4

Buc wrote:
Have read your posts before saying just win, that is where I am at every game we play now. Folks start throwing out 17 point difference, same folks that had us in the final four, now they are not sure we could beat the top four or five teams in the SECW.

Just win is where it is....

I've mentioned before how insane the up and down gyrations of UGA fans seemed to be...

Before the SC game we saw people predicting scores like 41-14, UGA by 10!, UGA by 17! etc etc

Meanwhile, the truth is what I said amongst all that..

"Oh yeah... make no mistake about it.

SS is putting all of his chicken eggs in that one basket. Lose, and the season is pretty
much over for SC.

Which is why this already dangerous game will be that much tougher, and a UGA victory that
much more impressive.

They may not have an off week, but I can guarantee you all eyes and thoughts are directed at
UGA.. not East Carolina.

We better understand this right now and not believe our own 1 game hype. SC will be ready for us
."

I say that not to toot any horn, but just to say this is UGA and just win is
where it's at...

We may win by 17... we should... but don't be surprised if we don't.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62978 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-GDF #4
See where LimeyDawg posted Michael Barnett surprised some folks (FSU) and linked up with Georgia. Pruitt a man of few words (off of the practice field) ;) really like the fact that he posted in Emerson's article. Still believe that Pruitt is going to need a couple of years to "get there", but it appears he will "get there".

Also think that Barnett signing will put the "gitty up" in some that are a bit slow to come on board. Watched the film on Barnett (Hudl) impressive.

Would still like to see that young player that you and I have discussed on the Dawg Webmail declare. He is totally all that. Chances are that we might know before the beat writers.

From where I sit, have to believe that we are going to "take more chances" against Tennessee than some might suspect, trying to intercept.

This is the kind of game that really gets me involved with the way Pruitt/Rocker and Company "might" call the defenses. With injuries, sometimes have to throw "caution" to the wind.

Think it was NC_Dawg that pointed out that a certain "referee" will be calling the game. Let them play, ticky-tacky calls do not move the college game forward. Watched the ejection over and over from our last game, quite frankly, really like the "attitude" shown by JJ.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/09/26/33223...t-flips-to.html?rh=1

Edit: Just read your post Wartdawg . . . . 9 times out of 10 you are on the mark. On the mark with your last post and the "quoted portion". Never have to apologize when you are right. :)

Edit #2: Pulled this off of the recruiting site on our board.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2156590/highlights/85905378

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds