Forum

Troy Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #62901 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Unbelievable...

I'm done....have a good night, I'm going to go do something constructive.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62902 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy Game Day Thread

wlayton wrote: I guess that post #33 was pointed at me and I totally agree. I was yelling about Mason lining up at WR as well. Also agreed that we should have run TG from the 4 yardline against USC.

Yes our coaches (and probably all coaches) do and will continue to make some dumb calls in our eyes.

Hmmm.....ever thought about how many GOOD calls they have made? You don't put up the kind of offensive numbers they do and not make alot of very good calls imo.

I know...I know...they get paralysis of analysis it seems at the wrong possible times.... :unsure:

I've said it before and will stand by it, our D has been the problem. If they could make 1 or 2 stops a game, those situations wouldn't arise.

wlayton, had to check post #33 out, I have been chirping a lot, but I will say this to you. Never what was said in that post was pointed at you . . . . unless you somehow think in those terms. I have always shot straight with you and everyone on this board, I know that you know much football.

We are different in maybe the way we approach "certain areas" but that is ok. I can take you back "several years" on this board when you were pretty damn blunt with me. Respect what you have to say, if I question things, it is not personal, it is about areas of Georgia Football that we don't see eye to eye on.

I know that you have a connection to Georgia Football, at one time part of that connection was a coach at Georgia, believe that is right. Have never said to you that he was not the best head coach ever, if I had said he was not, it would be approved by 99% of those that read and post on this board. My time on this Planet Earth has been good to me. If I am a too brash in some of the things that I say, understandable, but from the many emails I get, most like to hear the "other side".

Said this before, say it again. I have tried on several different occasions to get on board with our head coach. Don't hate the man, just know in my heart that Mark Richt is not going to do a lot more than he has done in the previous 13 going on 14 years. Simply trying to figure out what can change in Athens that will bring "all" of the parts together.

Allow me this. I have been around high school and college football in Florida for a long time. Once upon a time there were many that said . . . . Bobby Bowden is released, recruiting at FSU will end up in the trash bucket. Same has been said here, matter of fact you have mentioned that Mark Richt is a very good recruiter. He is . . . . my question is this, what has happened to all of that "talent" that has never been fully utilized in Athens. I would present the situation in Athens right now as a being the same as it has been in the past 13 years going on 14.

Have been on board with Georgia since Wally Butts, my high school coach played football for Wally Butts, how could I not be Red and Black and Silver on occasion. My Uncle was the leader of the Agricultural School, was privy to seats and a lot of things back in the day of Mrs. Whitehead being in charge. Mentioned here more than once that my Grandfather was the engineer on some of those engines that were once visible while in Sanford Stadium, tracks filled with the Larry Munson type of fans.

Will stop, lots of history, but even at my age, I am deeply involved in high school football in the State of Florida. Proud to make that statement. Proud to have McClendon and Pruitt working this state. The defense that you have mentioned being a "bit short" in 2014 is a true statement. My thinking is that McClendon and Pruitt/Rocker and Company will change that . . . . soon.

Yep, I like to talk, along with that being said, I love Georgia Football. Tired of playing second fiddle to other SEC universities when I think I see where the problem is. Will stop there, for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #62907 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: Allow me this. After Faton Bauta had scored, anyone notice the first offensive lineman on the sideline to "chest bump" with Faton . . . . David Andrews. That my fellow board members is what I call making a "statement". Faton Bauta is no different than David Andrews and the other folks on that offensive line, he will get in the "dirt" and play.

Another thing. One of the story lines being carried by those that promote "certain players" had much to say about Theus and his closeness to Ramsey. Theus needs to understand that "offsides" get penalized in college football. ABH has the article, written by someone that never had a helmet on in his life.

So much talent . . . . so much "stoopidity" surrounding the talent. Hutson Mason lining up on the outside, those that want to "protect" our coaches on the offensive side, speak to that. Speak to the calls in the South Carolina game after the interception. Prior to the interception, a passable grade was there, and then . . . . fill in the blank. One or two plays often leave many of us asking "why".

I also noticed the big high five Gurley gave Bauta as well, he is very well respected!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62908 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Bauta is more than ready! He would bring a dynamic to our team that we are missing right now and that is "leadership" from the QB position. Along with his skill set of course!

I don't know if Bauta is ready or not. That's a pretty bold statement to make based on a handful of snaps against Troy, and not seeing him on the practice field every day. I'm not directing this
comment to you, but we fans often think we know more than people who see these players in every moment of practice.

That being said.... I don't know if he is ready or not, but I do know he seems more ready than
Ramsey. With my comment though I wasn't seeking to say he wasn't ready, just that our coaches
aren't ready for him!

Bauta was born game ready, some dudes just have it. You're right I don't see him on the practice field everyday and just like you I don't think our coaches are ready for him. BUT Bauta is ready, as a player and a coach I can see that in just his eyes alone, not to mention everything else I've seen from film to a handful of snaps from him. Players like Bauta find a way to make plays, they have the will to win and they bring it on another level. What those type of dudes do in practice can be thrown out the window on game day, some of us are just wired a little different...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62911 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Troy Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote: That being said.... I don't know if he is ready or not, but I do know he seems more ready than
Ramsey. With my comment though I wasn't seeking to say he wasn't ready, just that our coaches
aren't ready for him!

Sadly, I fear that this young man may seek "greener" playing fields by the end of the season...No real intel, just a gut feeling,...That and all the hype over "others" that better suit the CMR/CMB mold!

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62920 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy Game Day Thread
Buc, I have zero problem with your post....didn't mean that at all.

I happen to agree with you and everyone else that the "bottom line" is, with the talent we've had, the results should have been better for sure.....I totally agree!

I'm just making a comment that imo that "bottom line" results have been affected MORE by our awful defenses more so than the offenses that have been put on the field.

CMR IS responsible for ALL 3 phases, so the D is ultimately his responsibility as well. For me, that is WHERE the lack of results have come from, that's all I'm saying and it is just my opinion and the way it looks to me.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds