Forum

Charlie Brown of Football..........

9 years 6 months ago #62804 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........

Wartdawg wrote: ...It's a completely inaccurate narrative that is always added into the Mark Richt story.....Stop the BS.

TruDat!!!...But it won't stop!...This is and will forever be the topical ointment, liberally applied to justify the mediocrity...BOTTOM LINE: He's paid; handsomely, to WIN football games. Instead we are treated to wonderfully written satire, from the pages of a Rock legend publication, illustrating the pain of the Dawg Nation...

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62811 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
I call BS on both articles...RIcht ALONE isn't the reason for every loss no matter how close or how far (thought I truly believe many UGA FANaticS have convinced themselves this is 100% TRUE; which is laughable) & Richt ALONE isn't the reason for every single win (pretty damn sure nobody will argue this).

That is all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #62813 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
Goose, good to see you back. You have been around a long time on this board. While all of us don't agree, that in my opinion is what boards are for. Have yet to see any form of government, sports, private business, marriages that all agree.

What do you think about the Auburn game on Thursday night? Kansas State I think proved that the Gus Malzahn offense can be handled. Bill Snyder is one heck of a head coach, 75 years young and still does a great job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #62815 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
No... Richt alone is not totally responsible.

It is the coaches that Richt has chosen, and It is the players that Richt has recruited. We're about to be going on 10 years without an SEC championship. We've had unbelievable talent through here while we have watched teams like Auburn win a NC on the strength of only two players. We are generally regarded by people all over the country as a very underachieving program that really should be Elite. The way the rankings go pre annual UGA early season letdown clearly indicate the talent is there. I can understand a ranking being off or misguided from time to time, but year after year our talent has people very willing to rank us very high until the inevitable
letdown.

At some point someone has to assume some responsibility for that and in every aspect of sport and real world, that usually falls on the person who is ultimately responsible as indicated by the job title in front of their name.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62860 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........

GooseDawg78 wrote: I call BS on both articles...RIcht ALONE isn't the reason for every loss no matter how close or how far (thought I truly believe many UGA FANaticS have convinced themselves this is 100% TRUE; which is laughable) & Richt ALONE isn't the reason for every single win (pretty damn sure nobody will argue this).

That is all!

MEH...!!! As I said, We didn't hire CMR to be the great "Christian Coach",....or the mentor of wayward youth....He was hired to WIN games!....When he wins, he's celebrated and given credit, same when he loses. He's the Captain of the vessel, the CEO of the company and I seriously doubt that in any other "arena" these extra-curricular enhancements would keep you, or I gainfully employed!

Nuff said....this equine was long ago transported to Elmer's....

My apologies to any PETA member the above may insult....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds