Forum

Charlie Brown of Football..........

9 years 6 months ago #62787 by NC_Dawg
Charlie Brown of Football.......... was created by NC_Dawg
I heard about this article last night and found it this morning. Thought I'd share it with DT Crew, as it encapsulates much of what we've all discussed throughout the CMR tenure.....

MASH HERE !!!!

......And what would a Rolling Stones article be if not for a rebuttal from the "Rose Colored" glasses arena....

LUCY RESPONDS !!!!

Just a little humor and sarcasm to start the day...............

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62788 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
That article is full of so much win.

After you read the article, let's look at the truth within...

"this was before Mark Richt became the Charlie Brown of college football's most competitive league, the Southeastern Conference, the kind of guy whom virtually everyone likes as a man yet no one respects as a competitor."

"it was hard to witness this cruel camera close-up the final minutes and not think, once more, of Richt's stunning ability to lose crucial games by the narrowest of margins and at the worst possible times."

"it is worth noting, once again, that nobody failed with quite the same gracefully hapless aplomb as Mark Richt."

"and a man who just can't seem to get his **** together when it matters"

"But then, this is what Georgia does: They tantalize you with their potential, and then they crash amid a flood of irrational exuberance. They are, as a friend noted upon the Bulldogs' collapse Saturday evening, the closest thing college football has to a mortgage-backed security."

"There is no doubt you're a good man, Mark Richt, but in a profession as nasty as this one, and in a conference as relentlessly vicious as the SEC, I'm not sure that's much of an asset."

The second article is full of an offsetting amount of fail. If a lot of UGA fans feel the
way the rebuttal writer does, then it explains why the powers that be feel no need to do
any better. That article is laced with "yeah we lose, but Mark Richt is such a nice man" garbage, but then somehow comes up with this gem:

"I couldn't help imagining how the Georgia program would be if the old Richt had not become the man he is today - and I would imagine we would not be nearly as blessed as we are now. It was hard to witness the cruel camera close-up in the final minutes and not think, once more, that, while we may have lost today, Coach Richt is the man that will help our boys win tomorrow on and off the field"

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62789 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
Started to post this piece from the Charlie Brown article, then saw where you had posted prior to me reading both articles Wartdawg.

Got my attention.

"But then, this is what Georgia does: They tantalize you with their potential, and then they crash amid a flood of irrational exuberance. They are, as a friend noted upon the Bulldogs' collapse Saturday evening, the closest thing college football has to a mortgage-backed security."
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62790 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........

Wartdawg wrote: ....The second article is full of an offsetting amount of fail. If a lot of UGA fans feel the way the rebuttal writer does, then it explains why the powers that be feel no need to do
any better.....

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^....is not just a fan base issue, it goes MUCH higher....

In my youth, I remember watching the Dawgs battle against some mighty foes and when all seemed lost, someone stepped up and made a play, caused a fumble, intercepted a pass, a goal line stand...something,....anything to flip the momentum. It just seemed; at least to my young mind, that "good fortune" was on our side....When was the last time "lady luck" smiled on CMR???....

Perhaps it was Buc that opined earlier about the tale of Two Richt's. In the early half of Mark's career we had our fair share of "rabbits foot" moments...Yes, Mark had a brain fart or two, but the program was becoming successful AND prosperous!....Then came that awful night in January 2006...I believe this was the first of many more embarrassing losses, when the ship of good fortune departed Athens and things haven't been the same since....

Oh yah, and the score that night was 38 - 35.......Deja' Vu,.....All over again......

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, sflanagan21

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62799 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
That fail writer makes a fatal flaw in logic.

The way she writes, she makes it seem like Mark Richt is the lone good guy in a sea of ruthless
vermin who would slit their own mothers throats and offer nothing of value beyond football.

She couldn't be more wrong. She puts Mark Richt up on some imaginary pedestal that really doesn't exist by including lots of quotes from former players that talk about how much they respect Richt for making them better men on top of what he does as a football coach.

That's all well and good, but guess what? While no one doubts the pious nature of the beloved
Mark Richt, I can find you plenty of ex-players that will also thank Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Les Miles, Bob Stoops, Dabo Swinney, Kevin Sumlin and many other coaches for their impact on their lives outside of football.

Mark Richt does not have a monopoly on positively impacting players lives outside of the game,
and I'm pretty tired of people thinking he does. It's a completely inaccurate narrative that is always added into the Mark Richt story.

Stop the BS.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62801 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Charlie Brown of Football..........
Wartdawg you are back.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds