Forum

From Athens - GDF # 3

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62803 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens - GDF # 3

wlayton wrote: The word I got about the QB situation is that actually Ramsey would get the nod over Bauta if there was a change. They say Ramsey has "Stafford type arm strength".....not another Stafford, just a gun for an arm.

My understanding is neither is ready.

I would like to see Mason play the first quarter and primarily throw timing routes to his receivers and go deep a couple of times. I want I Mac get more involved and PLEASE let Douglas get some carries! It's going to be interesting to see Ramsey in live form, from what I've seen he sometimes makes poor decisions. I would let him play the entire 2nd quarter (if he is our # 2 QB) and half of the third and then give Bauta his reps from there out. We will get an idea of what are next QB will look like and what we think he needs to work on. I watched Ramsey play a few HS games and most of the time his receivers were as wide open as a receiver could get! I can't ever recall seeing him have to thread the needle or drop one in on tight coverage, not saying he didn't or can't I just never saw it. There is NO denying his arm strength and he has a lot of potential. The word is the sky is the limit on Ramsey. Honestly I'm ore excited to see Bauta play...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62805 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - GDF # 3

sflanagan21 wrote:

wlayton wrote: The word I got about the QB situation is that actually Ramsey would get the nod over Bauta if there was a change. They say Ramsey has "Stafford type arm strength".....not another Stafford, just a gun for an arm.

I would like to see Mason play the first quarter and primarily throw timing routes to his receivers and go deep a couple of times. I want to I Mac get more involved and PLEASE let Douglas get some carries! It's going to be interesting to see Ramsey in live form, from what I've seen he sometimes makes poor decisions. I would let him play the entire 2nd quarter (if he is our # 2 QB) and half of the third and then give Bauta his reps from there out. We will get an idea of what are next QB will look like and what we think he needs to work on. I watched Ramsey play a few HS games and most of the time his receivers were as wide open as a receiver could get! I can't ever recall seeing him have to thread the needle or drop one in on tight coverage, not saying he didn't or can't I just never saw it. There is NO denying his arm strength and he has a lot of potential. The word is the sky is the limit on Ramsey. Honestly I'm ore excited to see Bauta play...

2nd quarter??....Historically we are lucky if we start substituting in the 4th quarter. We tend to play down to our opponents until waking up in the second half and realize they could have had part of the day off to rest a little.

As bad as Troy is, I expect them to throw the ball on us.

sflanagin21, I'm just repeating what I have heard from someone who has some connections and even he isn't positive on 2 and 3 but the info he got seemed to imply that.

He was pretty confident the coaching staff said that neither were ready yet.

Would hope they can empty the bench.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62806 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens - GDF # 3

wlayton wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote:

I would like to see Mason play the first quarter and primarily throw timing routes to his receivers and go deep a couple of times. I want to I Mac get more involved and PLEASE let Douglas get some carries! It's going to be interesting to see Ramsey in live form, from what I've seen he sometimes makes poor decisions. I would let him play the entire 2nd quarter (if he is our # 2 QB) and half of the third and then give Bauta his reps from there out. We will get an idea of what are next QB will look like and what we think he needs to work on. I watched Ramsey play a few HS games and most of the time his receivers were as wide open as a receiver could get! I can't ever recall seeing him have to thread the needle or drop one in on tight coverage, not saying he didn't or can't I just never saw it. There is NO denying his arm strength and he has a lot of potential. The word is the sky is the limit on Ramsey. Honestly I'm ore excited to see Bauta play...

2nd quarter??....Historically we are lucky if we start substituting in the 4th quarter. We tend to play down to our opponents until waking up in the second half and realize they could have had part of the day off to rest a little.

As bad as Troy is, I expect them to throw the ball on us.

sflanagin21, I'm just repeating what I have heard from someone who has some connections and even he isn't positive on 2 and 3 but the info he got seemed to imply that.

He was pretty confident the coaching staff said that neither were ready yet.

Would hope they can empty the bench.

I know it's wishful thinking on my part to want to see our backup QB's play so early!

Yea I've heard the exact same thing from two of my friends that both played with Bobo. It sounds like they are both struggling with the same issues, playbook and decisions. What I have heard and know personally about Bauta is that he is a "gamer" and if called on he is going to bring all he has, lots of heart. I wouldn't call him a Tebow but he brings that attitude and mentality sort of speak. Ya know how some dudes just step their game up when it's "game time", well that's my take on Bauta. He may not look pretty doing it all the time but he is going to give you all he has and sometimes that's all it takes to get a team behind you, just saying...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #62807 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens - GDF # 3
With you.....

Just WIN..........(uh, baby)

B)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62808 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - GDF # 3
Faton Bauta suits me. Ramsey suits me. Would like to have a "future" determined or at least both with some game experience going into 2015 or if needed this season, this is "tackle football", not two hand touch or flag.

What I know about Faton Bauta is this . . . . He is a "man child" much like Gurley and Douglas. Was one heck of a linebacker in high school. Has the mentality of "dishing out" not "taking" the hit. Defenders don't like that. Douglas did that last season, that is built into Gurley's DNA.

As one that is on the outside "trying" to look inside, appears that Richt/Bobo prefer the talents that they believe Ramsey possesses.

sflanagan21, there is no doubting that Bauta has the mindset that Tebow had. He will tuck it and run, most times effectively. Want to add this. AM said at the end of his time on the field that Faton Bauta has the playbook mastered. I believe that. Trying to prove his worth, we all know that Bauta scrimmages "live". As far as arm strength and accuracy, would suggest looking at the Spring Game as an indication of what he can do.

Think most here know that we have sat or not played very talented players. Do I think that "favoritism" plays a part . . . . yes. If not, have watched some very bad coaching decisions, along the lines of Moreno, and the list is much larger than one name.

Up to the folks in Athens, outsiders like myself will continue to watch and maybe "chirp".
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62809 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - GDF # 3
wlayton....

I joke to hide the tears of frustration, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds