Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #62731 by Buc
sflanagan21, say this . . . . I read everything that is posted here. I particularly like the "stuff" I see coming from you. You and ogredawg butted heads soon after you came on board, but have watched that move forward. Both of you don't take too many steps back, especially when you guys believe in a certain "cause".

Will always believe that defense is a must. Have put all of my marbles in the Pruitt/Rocker and
Company bag. Around the blog-o-sphere many are up in arms about Pruitt. Really goes to show just how much they know about what is going on in Athens. Think in terms of the hamburger world it is called McDonalds, instant gratification.

You said recently that you are involved with many things outside of this board, understandable. I hope that you continue to post here, have much to offer. Remind me a great deal of someone that was here a while back, AllDawgs5. He also is a high school coach and played the game in college.

sflanagan21, stopping Auburn is going to be a tough task. While I hate to say it, Florida's defense is much better than South Carolinas. This is not going to be an easy schedule to find our way through. Pruitt knows that, and I believe you can appreciate this statement. The reason that there was such a huge gap between our linebackers and defensive backs is because the talent has not caught up to the teaching. Pruitt/Rocker and Company know that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62732 by wlayton
Spot on Buc....

Your last sentence basically is the point. Either the D secondary talent hasn't caught up with Pruitt's teachings yet OR the cupboard is really dry with secondary talent and no matter how good a D coach your are, that secondary may never quite get there.

Imo, it really hurt losing the CB and 2 safeties but we all know they needed to go. Hard to lose two 5 star safeties and a 4 (5?) star CB, especially when you only recruit so many at those positions.

Pruitt is going to have to restock the cupboard and certainly believe he will.

Those out there that are judging Pruitt's coaching capabilities right now have no clue....its like winning a Nascar race with my wife's Honda. Of the 11 D players on the field at any one time, only 7 are studs......the rest are below average. At programs like UGA etc, you just don't see a walk-on STARTING at safety day one. THAT throws up a big red flag to me and Pruitt knows it but admirably won't make excuses.

Pruitt will eventually get the D there but not so sure it will be this year, unless that front 7 can play lights out......proven they can be blocked as well. DB's need them but the front 7 need the DB's to step up for them too.

They may be trying to but I'm afraid they are just marginal D1 talent.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #62733 by Buc
thriller, again, stop it. Last call from me to you. You are a solid poster, and not posting here is not fair to ALL. Promise you, this is the last time that I ask you to come back and continue your solid posts. Great photo of your daughter and Gurley, just one of the many solid things you have done on this site. Last time . . . . PLEASE. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62734 by wlayton

Buc wrote: thriller, again, stop it. Last call from me to you. You are a solid poster, and not posting here is not fair to ALL. Promise you, this is the last time that I ask you to come back and continue your solid posts. Great photo of your daughter and Gurley, just one of the many solid things you have done on this site. Last time . . . . PLEASE. :)

WHAT BUC SAID ^^^^^^

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62738 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
Buc, no doubt Auburn is going to be hard to stop and so is Maty Mauk. I can't quite put my finger on the Gators right now BUT the whole world will see what they are about this Saturday. You're right the talent has NOT caught up with the teaching in our secondary! I would also like to add that if we had Fenteng healthy and if both Malcom Parrish and JJ Green were up to speed at this point then we may possibly be looking at a better secondary. I have no doubt whatsoever that our D is going to get better, I've said it before and I stand by this Pruitt is a different breed and a winner. I bet you that Bobo got more sleep Saturday night than Pruitt did, he meant it when he said "that won't happen again". I said this Troy game needs to be a statement game and the statement needs to come from the D, they need to show our offense that they can and will do their job! As we all know as athletes sometimes all it takes is a loss like that to change the direction of the ship. Over coming adversity has never killed anyone, if you allow it to it will build character, strength and success. No doubt our team has grown from this loss!

I've rode HM pretty hard on here, I guess that's the coach in me. But since he is our QB and I am a very optimistic DAWG fan, I do have faith that with the talent around him that he will be okay. I think he realizes that he has to play a little bit of a bigger role and play it right if we stand a chance of making it to the playoff's. Today is a new day, I have faith that HM will do his part to help get us there. I think Bobo has called two very good games this season and one play that went south will NOT change my mind about that. If the play works then Bobo may have called the best game he has ever called. Like others on here have said, he needs to work in I Mac and Sonny some more!

I think we are a good team, with a great backfield and with tons of potential! Our next three games set up perfect for us and what we need to work on before we head to Missouri and face a pretty stout team. Don't be surprised to see a few new faces in our secondary at that point. We have to fix our issues in the secondary before then or else we are in BIG trouble, I don't need to tell you that. i think we are going to be alright...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62739 by stevedawg
What Buc said..
"thriller... come back and continue your solid posts. Great photo of your daughter and Gurley, just one of the many solid things you have done on this site...."

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds