Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62713 by ogredawg
Buc Pruitt was blunt and to the point and took responsibilty like he should have. Did not blame the players which scores big with me. Really liked it. Just wish he would of said it sooner but then again maybe he was being held back.

CMR backed off his statement of "should of pounded it" like I knew he would and it seems "we" meaning us the fans got a lecture from Bobo. But I really did not expect any less from CMR/CMB.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62714 by Buc
ogredawg, in another thread on this board sadlerdawg said much the same.

Had wondered sometime back and said so on this board whether or not Richt would allow "others" to step out and share the spotlight.

Find it a bit unusual that both Bobo and Pruitt come out at the same time and sitting/watching is Richt. As I said, strikes me as a protective measure. Never did I see that with Richt/grantham.

At some point folks are going to understand more about the Group chatter. There is a controlling "Group" that manages what is said and how it is released to you and I. It is not the SEC Commissioner, and in this particular case not directly Disney. Do your research, much more to Georgia Football than many on this board and others do not "understand".

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62718 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
Buc, thanks for posting a link to what Bobo and Pruitt had to say. Have been waiting to see what they would say when confronted.

Will say this about Pruitt. No gum chewing excuse making bs, he owned up to the performance of the defense. Even said he called plays that put his players in a difficult place to make plays, anyone remember Grantham saying that?

Like orge said in the South Carolina thread i felt like all bobo was doing was giving a lecture.

When the game is on the line you run your bread and butter, TG is our bread and butter.

And someone needs to tell Richt bobo is a grown man, he doesn't need Richt to play daddy in front of the media.

I get he wants to support his offensive coordinator, but the man screwed up. Let him fight his own battles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62719 by Buc
BullDawg2010, gained much from your post, personally. Brings me to a couple of thoughts.

Looking back, Bobo was on the sideline calling plays, there with his players. grantham rode up, right away there was a problem between the two. It appeared that way. Bobo goes topside and grantham remains on the sideline.

I am one of those that believes those in charge of the offensive and defensive side need to be on the field. Why? It is one thing to work through headphones, quite another to stand next to a player that you are and have been instructing since his arrival in Athens. Face to face in many coaching situations between coach and player tends to carry more weight.

If memory serves me, Pruitt was asked if he would be in the box . . . . short, quick answer, no. Takes me to Pruitt approaching Richt on the sideline in Saturday's game, headphones came off and there was chatter. Mentioned that earlier. I found that curious, especially at that point in the game. Headphones are needed, just not sure that they are as effective in certain situations.

Will Athens be the downfall of Pruitt/Rocker and Company? Is it possible that they will be replaced as others have been before them? As others have said on this board, let's see what happens with our defense the remainder of this season and the 2015 group makes its way to the Classic City.

Appears from the latest pressers that Richt thinks along the lines of a father and son relationship with Bobo.

One more question. While all of us want the best for these young men when they leave campus, what about those of us that think we are not using our talent properly? While many like the pro set, appears to me that we have options to at least look into other formations. Auburn did. You and I (fans) also have a right to want to win. Auburn changed their system and they won. Like I said, want the best for the young men, but we send quarterbacks on to the NFL and one of the reasons is the way our quarterbacks are prepared. My thoughts again are, good luck to the quarterbacks, but something is owed to the folks purchasing tickets and goods.

Think about this . . . . are our current group of coaches on the offensive side capable of running anything other than a pro style offense and maybe producing wins?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62723 by wlayton
I'm a tradionalist and like the pro style but always welcome positive change.

I just don't think our offense is the problem, and hopefully Pruitt/Rocker will solve THE problem.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62724 by Wartdawg
No they are not Buc...

I don't see MR/CMB ever running any other offense other than maybe a couple of gimmick plays
here and there.

Edited to add: Like wlayton, I don't mind that all that much. I just want to make sure we always recruit players best suited for that offense, and I want solid play calling and play execution
for 60 minutes instead of 55.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds