Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62709 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

scooby wrote: Hey. This guy had the same conclusions i did. Offense and qb played well. All they had to do was stop them ONE time after the missed field goal. This was one of those games the last team with the ball wins. If uga had made that field goal sc would have marched right down the field to win the game. Defense looked awful. Offense looked pretty good.

D did look awful.. up until that moment late in the game when they came up huge and handed the ball over to the teams strong point at the 4 yard line with a chance to take a 4 point lead... forcing SC to have to score a TD... where the automatic nature of that TD is pure speculation.

While I do understand how poorly the D played.... close games come down to crucial moments. In a crucial moment, the D came through.

At a following crucial moment, the O did not. Not the first time under this regime either.

That doesn't take away the D's responsibility for the loss. It is just a fair statement about what happened with the O on Saturday... and several other times in recent memory.

I love our O... Always have.. when it's clicking, and it often does, it's fun to watch. I love the skill players we can recruit... I just think we come up just short too often, and most of the time the play calling is seriously in question by many in those crucial moments gone bad.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #62710 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Wartdawg wrote:

scooby wrote: Hey. This guy had the same conclusions i did. Offense and qb played well. All they had to do was stop them ONE time after the missed field goal. This was one of those games the last team with the ball wins. If uga had made that field goal sc would have marched right down the field to win the game. Defense looked awful. Offense looked pretty good.

D did look awful.. up until that moment late in the game when they came up huge and handed the ball over to the teams strong point at the 4 yard line with a chance to take a 4 point lead... forcing SC to have to score a TD... where the automatic nature of that TD is pure speculation.

While I do understand how poorly the D played.... close games come down to crucial moments. In a crucial moment, the D came through.

At a following crucial moment, the O did not. Not the first time under this regime either.

That doesn't take away the D's responsibility for the loss. It is just a fair statement about what happened with the O on Saturday... and several other times in recent memory.

I love our O... Always have.. when it's clicking, and it often does, it's fun to watch. I love the skill players we can recruit... I just think we come up just short too often, and most of the time the play calling is seriously in question by many in those crucial moments gone bad.

Sounds like something that sadlerdawg has been saying for years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62711 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
I've stayed out of the "which coordinator is more to blame" discussion for the most part because to me it isn't what is of paramount importance. What I think needs to be recognized is once again, for about the 6th or 7th year in a row, we are debating which coaching blunders caused us to lose another game we should have won.
The fact that bobo's play calling is always debated regardless of his stats, for years, should tell richt something. The fact that coaching buffoonery is always at the center of our discussions needs to wake the group up. Regardless of which coordinator is more to blame, richt hired and/or annointed everyone in his "reign". They are his responsibility and he should be accountable for them. I know this is wishful thinking, but it just gets old watching year after year.
For the record, I think Pruitt is a better coach than has been shown, but I knew he would end up being brought down to richt's level. I think he would do much better under a defensive minded coach like say, oh I don't know, maybe one that currently resides in Tuscaloosa not named Saban.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62715 by Wartdawg
Sadler's not been the only one. Many have questioned the way our offense performs in high leverage situations, and at the end of ball games, but they were often shouted down by people
waving a stat sheet.

I'm going to be positive for a moment... did anyone see the comments when the media finally got
to speak with Bobo and Pruitt?

Bobo took blame for the call, and then Pruitt jumped in and took the bullet saying he was the
one that should be apologizing after the performance of his D.

Anyone think Towel Toddy would have done that? I sure don't.

That right there is a positive.. at least we've got someone on that side of the ball willing to
step up and take some responsibility. Bobo did as well. That's something.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #62716 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
IMHO all we did was get a lecture from Bobo but he did take the blame and well he should. Said that in another post

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62717 by Wartdawg
Well the main praise was for Pruitt who jumped in front of the bus.

Bobo... eh.. at least he said something.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds