Forum

From Athens- GDF # 2

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62474 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- GDF # 2 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Game Day Friday # 2 Road Trip…… South Cackalacky or Cola East.

Early on after moving to Chattanooga from the frozen waste of the North I was introduced to a southern eating trait.

At a Little Mom and Pop eatery on Lee Highway in Chattanooga that was home to the true BPS.

On Wednesday the feature was chicken ala king over biscuits

The fellow I joined for lunch always ordered an extra biscuit on the side

As he finished his plate he would take his biscuit that was on the side and spilt it in half.

What happened next I learned very quickly was known as sop’n (sopping) up the gravy.

Needless to say from that day forward I have become an expert in sop’n

Truly one of life’s great eating pleasures. It works also on getting the last bit of soup or chili out of the bowl using a piece of sourdough bread.

This Saturday afternoon our Dawgs are going to sop up the WBS turf with some dawg ass tired chicken who have been cooked in their own gravy .

Add to that one lemon sucking HC aka The Ole Ballsack who will be blaming everyone else but himself. Delightful !!

For those who remember Justin Wilson the Cajun Chef

His words were “I Guarantee it”

I will again say treat this game as a one game season

We have the Clemson season in a sealed can and put away

Now move on to USC.

Just like Clemson the game does not need to be won in the first quarter

True HM will be a bigger part of the offense but still just needs to be good. Take care of the football and manage the game.

Keep everyone focused and having fun.

Keep us fresh and hungry for the fourth quarter.

Take on four fresh tires and a tank of fuel and hammer down to the clock reads 00:00 scoring points as we go.

The Red & Black makes the Sandstorm winds shift and the chickens will have their sand blown back at them.

It has been posted here that the only thing the birds have is the home field

I look for that to disappear as the home folks head to the exits early

As also noted here our offense is better this year because of several factors, and that with our improved defense makes this group of dawgs extremely dangerous.

Ray Bans and Extreme Bad Dog 151

At 3:35pm Saturday everyone put two hands on the rope and pull our Dawgs to victory…….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, Buc, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62479 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- GDF # 2
Amen brother YD1.
Are we ready? yes.
GATA Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62481 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- GDF # 2
Haven't seen the weather forecast for Saturday in Columbia. Will check in a short.

yankeedawg1, just the mention of Justin Wilson brings back many memories. All of the folks today on the cooking shows owe Justin Wilson for where they are now. Not only could he cook, he did not need someone writing copy for him. Justin Wilson was the Larry Munson in his field. Thanks for the memory, will post a video below that you and others might enjoy.

While Hutson Mason may not have the arm strength that the young squirrel hunter did in the video, he has enough going to give a good account of himself.

Notice at the end of the video, Justin uses the word "sop".

Thanks again. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62484 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- GDF # 2
yd1....imo one of your BEST Friday Blue Plate Specials....

If we win this game, your post will be worthy of a "keepsake", printed, framed and hung on my UGA game room wall.....excellent, entertaining post and hopefully spot on results!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Not much more to be said about the game. Everyone on the planet knows what USC is going to try to do both offensively and defensively.

Believe we know what we are going to try and do defensively but what intrigues me is what we counter with on offense against USC's D game plan.

BIG cooler of cools one's for you and everyone for this game.

Enjoy everyone....hope everyone does this after the game..... :) :) :woohoo: :woohoo: B)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62486 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- GDF # 2
Weather forecast calls for 80s and a 50% chance of rain.

How do you see us performing on a sloppy field if it happens? I think we have the big backs and big receivers to swing that in our favor, if OL can block and HM can put it on the money. If it doesn't rain, then it's a beautiful day for football and both teams slug it out on the field.

Hope to see a very frustrated Spurrier for four quarters. Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62487 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- GDF # 2
I have always felt that a lot of rain can be a great equalizer for the underdog.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds