Forum

The Dawgs and chickens

9 years 7 months ago #62494 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Wartdawg, have to believe that inclement weather is going to work in our favor. Had mentioned the crowd might not be as vocal, but one thing that sticks out to me at this point is having running backs that can do different things.

Gets a bit wet in Columbia, players like Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie can put moves on the "other side" that in my opinion makes it very difficult for "them". Just be sure to wear the right "cleats". That is what pre-game is for. You know, you played.

Thanks for the video. When I look at Lynch, then look at Gurley, see a much bigger body with more speed with the same determination.

Gurley is aware of the "chirping" about South Carolina holding him to x amount of yardage. Todd remembers those things. Going to be tough to see him leave after this season. Has to go, will be a first round draft choice. Heisman Trophy or not, NFL could care less, he is the total package. He will break at least one tomorrow.

Wartdawg, another part of our game that I believe will pay off is Conley and Bennett. They are great route runners. Wet field, it ain't about the speed, more about being where Hutson Mason wants them to be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62498 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
The wet might slow down our faster guys like Marshall and Michel, but I like the idea of those route runners sticking that foot and making that first move forcing the DB to react. The O has the advantage there, and then we know Bennett especially has the hands to make catch, wet ball or not.

If the rain has an impact, it will negate a little bit the fact we don't have Mitchell and the others.. Bennett and Conley would seem to me to be the better wet field options.. size, hands, and
precise controlled route running. That's the wet field ticket.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62499 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Here is hoping that you folks will allow me this. Not meant to be a "downer".

There comes a time when we have to look at ourselves and make comments about the "overall" when talking about Georgia Football. I capitalize Football because most of us that follow UGA sports are for the most part "about Football".

Time is here and now. Are we going to believe the "spin" that is out there about Columbia being a "curse". If you believe what the pup reporters are feeding the masses, remember this . . . . the pup reporters do not come close to understanding the game as well as you and I do. Most of them have never had cleats on in their life.

Moving on. Over the past two or three years there are "some" on this board that have questioned if we will ever move up and become recognized as a "top ten team" often. I am one of those that raises his hand.

Not going to call any coach out, but will say this . . . . What better time to rid ourselves of asking or telling each other that we should be there.

Question. Do we have the talent to compete with South Carolina? Is crowd noise the reason that we could lose the game tomorrow? There comes a time when all of us have to look down the barrel and say this . . . . No More!

After the game is over, regardless of which way it goes, one guarantee. There will be those that will step up and say what should or should not have been done. Win or lose.

From where I sit, do not want any excuses (Wartdawg's word). South Carolina will come to play tomorrow on "blood and guts". One of our coaches gave the Cocks some bulletin board material about a "fist fight". Am I knocking that coach for that? Hell no, it was time for that type of statement. Timid does not work in the SEC. Alabama has understood that for several years and over many years . . . . when they had the right leadership. We now have some of the leadership that learned much under the Alabama way of doing things.

Say again, excuses or lack of effort, no time for that. Go to Columbia and do what is necessary to stop some of the "chatter" that the pup reporters rely on to continue to get the "clicks".

If we do what our "talent" can do, there will be high fives on this board.

Starting to get "jacked up".

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62501 by growl
Replied by growl on topic The Dawgs and chickens
I tried to click thanks more than one time,won't work,I also find it hard to believe that some consider that hole in Cackalacky to be close to UGA status. Give me a break, they can't carry our jock strap.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62502 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
Don't really think of it as a Columbia or S Carolina curse but rather a Spurrier curse...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 7 months ago #62516 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic The Dawgs and chickens
As long as the Dawgs win by 1 point, I'm happy.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds