Forum

Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62365 by Buc
Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy was created by Buc
When I read an article like the one below, makes my blood pressure rise. Will explain.

More than once or twice myself and others have mentioned Bryan McClendon. Let me get to the crux of the matter. Check BM's salary, check his accomplishments. Georgia is the most tight fisted university that I can think of and comment about.

We have coaches on our staff that are making big time bucks. Head coach, over 3 million a year. Anyone that believes that Bryan McClendon is not worth more than he is being paid, you and I have a problem, not just a problem, a serious problem.

A lot of talk coming from those that run the University of Georgia and other universities about coaches making more than the "pedigrees". "They" could care less about where the money comes from, which is what Bryan McClendon does every trip all across the country to sign players the caliber that he does. Bryan McClendon is much like Nick Saban, worth much more than he is being paid.

When Texas came after Nick Saban, and they did, with a "blank check" it was game on. Is Nick Saban worth 7 or 8 million a year being paid by Alabama? Check the "numbers" . . . . brings in over 40 million a year to the University of Alabama. Spread sheet looks pretty good, right?

Said close to a year ago, maybe two, the day will come when Bryan McClendon will leave the University of Georgia and probably become a head coach in D1 Football. Check the article below and understand where high school football players will go. Don't believe that, believe that Mark Richt is the determining force in Athens, covering all bases, you can't be on my team.

McGarity and the "Group" belong to those of you that believe all is well in Athens.

Did Garner leaving Athens for Auburn have any effect on our recruiting? I can post names and posts that were upset on this board and others.

We have won one (1) game thus far, excitement can be good or bad, I like the fact that we beat Clemson, I also care about what the future holds for the University of Georgia football team.

I use the word "often" over the past two or three years, it does have meaning. LEADERSHIP.

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...five-star-brick-time

Edit: Small piece of advice Bryan McClendon . . . . You don't ask, they don't give. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62366 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy
Buc if the Uviversity of Georgia let's him leave all I can say is STUPID IS STUPID DOES!!!!!!!

I'LL always love the football team but I will not like the higher up's .

But right know there not own my favorite list. :laugh:

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62367 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy
Looking at what McClendon has accomplished in Athens, reminds me of what Charlie Strong accomplished with Florida. Young coach, hard worker, cares about those he recruits.

Strong getting away from Florida was one of the biggest mistakes ever made in SEC coaching in my opinion. Continued to bring people in that were placed over him. No mention was made by the leadership in Gainesville, Florida to Strong becoming head coach.

Strong left, his work at Louisville speaks for itself. Along with taking the job at Louisville, Florida lost its best recruiter. Again, my opinion. Anyone interested in that aspect can do the homework, I have.

Strong now runs one of the most storied football programs in America. Texas has been back sliding for some time, hard to move the "good old boys" out. Funny how money can make decisions, eh. Mentioned soon after the hiring of Strong that Texas would rebuild and Strong will become a noted head football coach and leader. Think about this . . . . first offer was to Nick Saban, second offer to Charlie Strong. Strong will put Texas back on the football map, soon.

This is in my mind the same situation that we (UGA) will find ourselves with Bryan McClendon. Think about this just along the lines of recruiting. D1 university needs a football coach, what is one of the first things that crosses their minds? If there is a better recruiter than Bryan McClendon, at this point it would have to be Nick Saban. Saban at this point has more to offer than any other D1 university, winning national titles. That is a tough act to follow, however Bryan McClendon is fast becoming a "hot commodity" and there are always openings that PAY A HELL OF A LOT MORE FOR LESS TALENTED COACHES.

In the State of Florida Bryan McClendon has become one to be feared on the recruiting trail. Say this again, have said it once or twice before on this board. Bryan McClendon and Jeremy Pruitt were hard after Keyon Brown from the State of Florida. Bryan McClendon won. FSU was kicking butt and UGA had just wrapped up an 8 win season. More to football that x's and o's.

Can only imagine McClendon signing on with an Auburn or Alabama or any SEC school and the amount of pay he would receive. McClendon should never, ever underestimate himself. Been around corporate for many years, know how it works. Would love to represent Bryan McClendon, guarantee you his pay stub would change overnight. Wise up McGarity. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, growl, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62369 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy
Will say that I have never had any faith in the heirarchy at UGA you get that when someone decides to pay they'll start to hear more supportive talk

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62371 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy
Chief growl, one reason that I am chirping is this. "Squeaky Wheel" is the way to conclusions, sometimes.

I give you this. On this board when the controversy was whether or not Russ would be our next representative, permanent representative. Coming from those in control, they wanted an all white mascot, called it tradition. While I am a great believer in tradition, I am also open to "needed change". Buc said on this board, only person in the blog-o-sphere that dared say it . . . . If the mascot has to be all white, then should not the players be all white. Less than two weeks later Russ was hired.

I strongly feel that we have assembled a group of coaches that can make a difference in Georgia football. Next step, management has to get off their a$$ and recognize how football games are won and lost.

Question. Would anyone make an even swap with Auburn to get Garner back and we send McClendon to the Plains in exchange? If not, why is it that Bryan McClendon is getting his pay check and it does not come close to Garner's? Why is it that Louisville can pay grantham 1 million a year and we pay Pruitt, last year's National Championship Defensive Coordinator less?

Don't really want to hear the "Group" whining in Athens about a "lack of funds". Takes money to make money I have always heard. Have participated in that area of thinking myself.

Bryan McClendon deserves much more than a "business card".

Next headline out of Athens . . . . Georgia going to build an indoor practice facility. Remember the words . . . . "Squeaky Wheel".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62373 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Front Page Talk -- Don't Be Shy
Agree that BM is underpaid for the value that he brings. But my question is What does he desire is it just more money or does he want to move up to be a OC or HC? I just don't see him leaving UGA to be a assistant elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds