Forum

From Athens- BWF # 1

9 years 7 months ago #62357 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- BWF # 1
yd1...thanks for the open day Friday Blue Plate Special.

Not nervous this weekend.....will relax and what a few games. I'm sure your Georgia will be disappointed not hearing "TD" and devouring treats....hopefully next week she will double up on the treets.

Open date, hmmm, still have that cool one for you.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62358 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- BWF # 1

wlayton wrote:

Dawg With Style wrote: Good morning yankeedawg just read a piece were Kimbrough replaced Herria own kickoff right before the big hit.

The first guy to congratulat him was Herria.

Herria said CJP ask if we need a breather and he Let's the young guys play.

If you noticed they played mainly starters on special teams.

Read somewhere that our linebackers were on the field for Special Teams play. Went to the game video, that was the case, along with other players that want to impress and play.

Easy to get "giddy", have to go along with what some of the folks on this board have said, keep everything in perspective, play like you are taught, good things can happen.

Allow me this . . . . When I see #3 returning kickoffs, knowing that we have young men like Isaiah McKenzie, Sony Michel and others more than willing to assume that role, hard not to be "giddy". Maybe this years team does have a goal that will please everyone. We have heard the "noise" before, maybe we see "different results" in 2014.

Outside of injuries and coaching mistakes, this is a solid football team. Add to that, South Carolina "has to win" when we meet. Don't care who is coaching and how long they have been doing that, two SEC East losses, season is basically over.

Know that some don't like to hear this . . . . Florida is receiving a lot of chatter about their defense being good . . . . Truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62359 by wlayton
Buc, believe it too.....their D is strong, but they were last year too. :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

School is still "out" on their offense. Can't be any worse I guess.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62360 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- BWF # 1

wlayton wrote: Buc, believe it too.....their D is strong, but they were last year too. :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

School is still "out" on their offense. Can't be any worse I guess.

From where I sit wlayton, Muschamp has to let the offense go in an entirely different direction. Some that I know and chat with said that Muschamp came to Florida believing that he could be strong defensively and all would be ok.

Think that most of us know that to compete in the SEC, have to have a strong defense. Muschamp took it a bit too far. Game has changed and do not believe he recognized what was happening on the "offensive side". He has had three (I think) offensive coordinators since becoming head coach.

The offensive coordinator he has now (Kurt Roper) comes from a coach that I have great respect for, David Cutcliffe.

Somebody in Florida finally had the light go on. While I don't like what I think I see, Florida will win more than 4 games this season. Just like Georgia, Florida has a lot of talent. With Roper at the helm, would not surprise me to see Florida beat South Carolina November 15th in Gainesville.

This was supposed to be South Carolina's year (2014) looking at their schedule and returning talent. I really hope that we go into Columbia recognizing what a great opportunity we have to move our program forward in more ways than one victory, lots of folks will be watching the outcome of that game. Including M&M, Final Four Selection Committee along with recruits. Going to be a war. Next game on our schedule.

Rambling again. Much can be said about Georgia and the Southeastern Conference, otherwise Disney would not be interested, comes down to money and control. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62361 by wlayton
Agree that while UF does have a lot of talent, I feel most of it is of the D side of the ball. Also believe Roper is a very good coach but UF hasn't had many decent WR's since Harvin (and prior)....plus they lack depth at RB.

For me, school's out until I see their offense against a good team.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62362 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- BWF # 1
I Wish Tree An Jarvis would of had a real coach. :whistle:

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg