Forum

Put Yourself In Darth Visor's Dome.......

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62335 by Buc
Have had a few days to get a feel what "I" think "I" saw in the Clemson game.

At this point, very much in favor of Hutson Mason leading our team in Columbia. The small amount of games that he played in 2013 paid dividends against Clemson. Did not see a lot of "nerve damage" coming from Hutson.

With the amount of talent that we have on the offense, Hutson Mason does not need to be the type of quarterback that TAM seems to have. How many running backs on the TAM squad have the talent that maybe two, three or four of our players not only have, they exhibited it against Clemson.

So I asked myself this question . . . . Just how much does Hutson Mason need to do for us to be successful? I like no interceptions, no turnovers. Early on Hutson displayed great skill in being Hutson Mason the leader, not the greatest quarterback to ever take snaps at Georgia.

For some that don't remember Hutson Mason in high school, he threw the football a lot, was very successful putting the ball in the air.

If we have to throw the ball more against South Carolina, bothers me not. Remember on this board and others when folks wanted Hutson Mason to replace AM. Not everyone knew that AM was going to be all that in Athens, that includes Hutson Mason. Much talk about Mettenberger replacing AM once upon a time. We know how that turned out.

I am guilty of saying more than once that I like Faton Bauta, I do. Having watched Hutson Mason, he gives us the best chance at this point to be better than good. He is a leader, a leader that does not care about his personal stats. That is leadership.

Hutson Mason will run if he has to, he has not been coached at Georgia to do that. One run in the Clemson game, smart enough to slide. Our offense does not need another quarterback with knee injuries. That is smart quarterback play.

I like Conley, Bennett, and Blazevich more than Rome. Also like Isaiah McKenzie and Sony Michel out of the backfield or lining up in the slot.

Just some of my thoughts. Hutson Mason is a player that is in control of his emotions. Means a lot to the others. One quick point . . . . any one notice Hutson telling Sony Michel where to line up? Happened only once, but Hutson understands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High School: Lassiter, coached by Chip Lindsey ... 2009 Parade Magazine All-American ... 2009 Georgia Sports Writers' Association All-Class Player of the Year and Class AAAAA All-State team ... 2009 Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year ... 2009 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Class AAAAA Offensive Player of the Year, Top 50, and Class AAAAA All-State first-team ... SuperPrep All-Dixie team ... PrepStar All-Region team ... 2009 Georgia Athletic Coaches North-South High School All-Star game ... 2009 and 2008 Marietta Daily Journal Cobb County Offensive Player of the Year ... MaxPreps.com Georgia all-decade team ... Scout.com three-star recruit, DawgPost.com #39 player in Georgia ... Rivals.com three-star recruit, #97 ranked player in Georgia ... ESPN.com three-star recruit, #21 ranked QB ... 2008 GSWA Class AAAAA offensive Player of the Year and Class AAAAA All-State team ... 2008 AJC Class AAAAA All-State honorable mention ... In just two years as a starter, compiled 8,265 yards passing and 85 touchdown passes ... As a senior, set Georgia state records for passing yards (4,560) and touchdowns (54) in a season ... Set state records for passing yards (552) in a single game against South Gwinnett ... Helped lead Lassiter to 12-1 record and first region championship in school history in 2009 ... As a junior, passed for 3,705 yards and 28 touchdowns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62336 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Put Yourself In Darth Visor's Dome.......
Agree Buc. Said last week. HM needs to be good not great. Just manage the game

With this offense opportunities will come. He need not force things to happen

Spot on with him not worrying about his numbers. Classic example of BIG TEAM. little me

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62337 by Buc
yankeedawg1, every player does not have to be a "star". We have many "stars" on the offense and defense. Columbia will be interesting. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62339 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Put Yourself In Darth Visor's Dome.......
I think in the past we had too many "stars".

I'll take a few less of those if this is the result..

Happy to make room on the roster for some football players instead.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62342 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Put Yourself In Darth Visor's Dome.......
If HM is going to be a "game manager" quarterback, by implication we recognize that he is not a top-tier talent. The implication is that any number of competent quarterbacks could start for the dawgs, as long as they can keep their heads, hand off to TG, make short throws, and throw it away when pressured. Since he is leaving next year, does that not argue for more playing time for FB or BR or even JP? If they cannot do these things, that seems a coaching failure, not a player problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62355 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Put Yourself In Darth Visor's Dome.......
Buc, imo Mason is going to have to throw the ball more effectively against USC. If USC wants to stop the run, they probably can.

Imo, he will need to be a bigger factor in this game to get our running game on track.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds