Forum

Comparing Coaches and Players -- 1980's - 2000's

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62302 by Buc
Back to Jeremy Pruitt. If you haven't watched the video, might want to. Pruitt pulls no punches, says exactly what he means. Also, Pruitt is not afraid to call players names and say what their standing is with him. He has a comment on Ramik Wilson. Draws my respect for being up front, a bit different than our last defensive coordinator. Blows no smoke.

From the offensive of the ball. Mike Bobo.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62303 by Wartdawg
I like CJP's philosophy when he says things like we did what we were supposed to do, so what's the big deal...

Too often around the classic city, this team and it's coaches wanted to give and accept praise for just doing what they should have done all along.

Saturday we did what we should have done... especially with our O-line and backs against a smaller and not too deep DL. I have to see them do it against an SEC caliber line.

Call me after the SC game, and then I'll talk about handing out cookies.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #62306 by ogredawg
more of a finesse game now than it was 30 years ago. Coaches want more versatile players on both sides of the ball. Used to be the big OL, big RB and big arm QB smash mouth Woody hayes type football. Now more the fast type hybrid QB and hybrid type RB/Reciever type players with an OL that is not only big but fast to deal with the type of DL/LB's in todays game.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #62308 by Buc
One comment that I really liked coming from Pruitt and it goes along with what you guys are saying . . . . Right now we are 1 and 11, not the typical comment of we are 1-0. Little different way of stating the case. Thought about it, effective in my mind.

Say again, there is always a "new wrinkle" in college football. Changes made quicker in college than the pros.

Some of what I see as far as offensive changes are concerned, coaches like Gus Malzahn reached into his bag and pulled out a slightly different variation of the single wing. Many times it comes down to making a change and reaping the benefits in the win column. Will be interesting to see how long that pays dividends.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #62310 by wlayton

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc here is a question Best RB Georgia or Alabama.

It's Georgia no doubt I think Sony and Chubb will really show how good they are in SC.

WHEN Marshall gets everything right will be the best at UGA just my honest opinion.

Georgia number 6 in AP poll.

Believe we have the best single RB and best depth at RB.....Bama may have the best duo at RB.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #62312 by wlayton

Wartdawg wrote: I like CJP's philosophy when he says things like we did what we were supposed to do, so what's the big deal...

Too often around the classic city, this team and it's coaches wanted to give and accept praise for just doing what they should have done all along.

Saturday we did what we should have done... especially with our O-line and backs against a smaller and not too deep DL. I have to see them do it against an SEC caliber line.

Call me after the SC game, and then I'll talk about handing out cookies.

Dead on...spot on...exactly sir.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds