Forum

South Carolina game 2 roll call

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62241 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

wlayton wrote: Who knows.....he could have been a little gassed after running for about 150 yds in the 1st half and they wanted to save him for the pounding in the second half.....whatever....not going to second guess a 45-21 WHUPPIN. He ended up with, what, 19 carries?.....and the 100 yd return.

Imo, the 1st half problems was with the D. If they stopped any of those 4 long Clemson drives (one ended with missed FG), our offense may have scored more and TG would have had more carries.

D was the problem and reason in 1st half imo.

15 carries, and you run the ball to keep them off the field. You play to your strengths not to your oppositions strengths. you just don't run TG you run your stable of backs

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62242 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

I agree with you that KM still needs a little more grease on the wheels. He was being tentative. I don't think it's time to run others in place of Gurley yet . . . if you have a stud, run the stud. Everyone on the planet was wondering why TG had only 4 carries in the first half. FOUR?! Someone, and I'm not going to call anyone out, since I wasn't in the booth, but someone FORGOT their MOST important weapon in the first half. I'm like sadlerdawg in that regard . . . I can certainly understand generous substitutions, but FOUR carries in the first half? That's neglect.

An alternate perspective might be that TG was held back while the O-line wore the tigers down. Once the fatigue set in, Gurley gets loose and Beast Mode is switched to ON. Criminy...for all the prognostication here, nobody would have predicted the outcome and production. I actually prefer a fresh TG in the second half. I'm also impressed by Nick Chubb. That run for a TD was reminiscent of Hershel. That kid is going to be special. Mark my words.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 7 months ago #62243 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

wlayton wrote: Who knows.....he could have been a little gassed after running for about 150 yds in the 1st half and they wanted to save him for the pounding in the second half.....whatever....not going to second guess a 45-21 WHUPPIN. He ended up with, what, 19 carries?.....and the 100 yd return.

Imo, the 1st half problems was with the D. If they stopped any of those 4 long Clemson drives (one ended with missed FG), our offense may have scored more and TG would have had more carries.

D was the problem and reason in 1st half imo.

As usual, wlayton makes a VERY good point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62248 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
points are well taken......but why take a chance on going down by 28 or 35 points and digging a hole you cannot get out of which has happened to us may times before under this same OC and HC. I cannot believe that they would purposely hold back on the BEST player in college football just to save him for later....what about the CHANCE of an injury on every down to players....no my friends you step on the gas and let the other team play catch up....if this is the strategy of this coaching staff all I can say is Heaven help us....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62249 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

ogredawg wrote: points are well taken......but why take a chance on going down by 28 or 35 points and digging a hole you cannot get out of which has happened to us may times before under this same OC and HC. I cannot believe that they would purposely hold back on the BEST player in college football just to save him for later....what about the CHANCE of an injury on every down to players....no my friends you step on the gas and let the other team play catch up....if this is the strategy of this coaching staff all I can say is Heaven help us....

Ok, this needs to be said. I've been too timid to this point.

Plain and simple. I don't give "style points". Somewhere else I said I agreed that TG wasn't used early or often enough. But the fact is, we outscored and outran Climpsn. Period. 45-21. That's MORE than DOUBLE their points.

Complain if you want. Be unhappy if you want. Belly ache, if that's what you need.

I'm damn happy with this game.

I hope EVERY game we play is JUST LIKE THIS ONE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62250 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
Thiller what do you feel is Km 4 problem somebody
said to me he might be waiting till next year.
I said I hope not he might be the third in rotation by then.

I will say this I like how Sony was used he is going to be good.

Chubb is a bowling ball just watch his HS tape he likes contact.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds