Forum

South Carolina game 2 roll call

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62442 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
TN Dawg, you are so right about Spurrier and his methods for motivation. "Oh Gosh" is not to be taken for anything other than SS is totally serious about beating UGA. Keep looking for more to come from Spurrier's mouth before Saturday. Thus far he has gotten one piece he can take to the team. The comment that Richt made about a fist fight. Have to be careful not to get these players too "high". :whistle:

Media is actually backing Mark Richt into a corner. The majority of the media are putting high value on Georgia beating South Carolina. If for some reason that does not happen, there will be no end to what will be said about Georgia with all of its talent. Then again, we do have a lot of talent . . . . :whistle:

TN Dawg think there are several uncommitted players that will make their minds up at the conclusion of the game, or soon thereafter.

This game has taken on the flavor of UGA/UF.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62443 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
Buc, I was fine until you made that comparison to UF game, now I'm nauseas. :sick: :ohmy: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62444 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
The truth hurts!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62445 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
The only thing that Carolina has this year in its favor is home field. Davis is not healthy and even if he was it really would not make that big of a difference. This might be an easier win then Clemson and what most are saying or thinking, albeit it is a tough place to play but take the crowd out if it early and keep them out is one of the keys to success...

TAM exposed Carolina as to what they really are.....OVER RATED

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62446 by Buc
Like this particular quote coming from Thornton. Sounds like "leadership" to me.

“We line up against Todd and Keith and Nick and all those guy every day so we play smash-mouth ball every day out here,” senior nose tackle Mike Thornton said. “That’s definitely the type of ball we play every day so we’ll be alright.”

Found interesting earlier that Ramik Wilson appears to be in shape again. Also like the leadership that Herrera is showing. Quite frankly, if I am Davis with (possibly bruised ribs) won't take long to find out if he is ready.

I do know this . . . . we have running backs that "attack" when they carry the football. Not all running backs do that. Would love to see our offensive line, ones and twos putting in some licks against the Carolina defense, they (Carolina defense) are suspect, from where I sit. I also know that Hutson Mason said, "load" the front up, we will go from there. Just saying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62447 by Buc
Another thingy . . . .

When AM was here, our team was different than what I "think" I see from this 2014 group of players.

Defense improves, takes a lot of pressure off of the quarterback position. AM in my mind was "forced" to do everything that he did. Go back and look at "most" good football teams that we played, guarantee is you will see the lack luster coaching that came from the defensive side and it got progressively worse each year. While some don't think that Mike Bobo is all that, and sometimes he probably isn't, he was a damn site better than grantham.

We continually had problems with the defense trying to line up, or get off of the field, or calling time outs. That is backed up by those that are now playing for Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Several have stepped forward and said they now understand what they are supposed to do. Swann and others stepped lightly right after grantham left, recently, they have opened up and admitted they were "lost".

Next step . . . . AM left Athens and the SEC as the best quarterback ever, guess something went right on the offensive side of the ball. Still comes down to this my friends, it is a team game, and that is what we need in Columbia. Some of the talking heads keep chirping about Hutson Mason, gets clicks, but 95% of them don't have a clue most of the time, they play follow the leader. Whatever draws attention.

Hutson Mason will not lose the game in Columbia. He is one part, not the entire thingy.

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds