Forum

South Carolina game 2 roll call

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62254 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

thriller wrote:

ogredawg wrote: points are well taken......but why take a chance on going down by 28 or 35 points and digging a hole you cannot get out of which has happened to us may times before under this same OC and HC. I cannot believe that they would purposely hold back on the BEST player in college football just to save him for later....what about the CHANCE of an injury on every down to players....no my friends you step on the gas and let the other team play catch up....if this is the strategy of this coaching staff all I can say is Heaven help us....

Ok, this needs to be said. I've been too timid to this point.

Plain and simple. I don't give "style points". Somewhere else I said I agreed that TG wasn't used early or often enough. But the fact is, we outscored and outran Climpsn. Period. 45-21. That's MORE than DOUBLE their points.

Complain if you want. Be unhappy if you want. Belly ache, if that's what you need.

I'm damn happy with this game.

I hope EVERY game we play is JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

So you want to say I am complaining or unhappy? You find where I said I was unhappy just once? I thought we were having a valid discussion on UGA football. You go ahead and hope that we don't go down by 20 points and not wishing anything bad but have an injury or something else then who will be bellyaching. May I ask who came on this board and said we "sucked" when the game was half over? Tell you what you don't want to have a discussion then shut up and don't say anything unless you want to say something constructive. Better yet I will just shut up before you piss me off.

Fair weather fans we don't need here period. Yet we "suck" in the first half according to you yet I am a complainer or unhappy. Which is it do we suck or are we good. Weather is good now but what about 2 weeks from now my fair weathered fan? Can't have it both ways. Going bad we "suck" all of a sudden you are happy and hope we win and play like that all the time.

thecountrynation.com
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62255 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

ogredawg wrote:

thriller wrote:

ogredawg wrote: points are well taken......but why take a chance on going down by 28 or 35 points and digging a hole you cannot get out of which has happened to us may times before under this same OC and HC. I cannot believe that they would purposely hold back on the BEST player in college football just to save him for later....what about the CHANCE of an injury on every down to players....no my friends you step on the gas and let the other team play catch up....if this is the strategy of this coaching staff all I can say is Heaven help us....

Plain and simple. I don't give "style points". Somewhere else I said I agreed that TG wasn't used early or often enough. But the fact is, we outscored and outran Climpsn. Period. 45-21. That's MORE than DOUBLE their points.

Complain if you want. Be unhappy if you want. Belly ache, if that's what you need.

So you want to say I am complaining or unhappy? You find where I said I was unhappy just once? I thought we were having a valid discussion on UGA football. You go ahead and hope that we don't go down by 20 points and not wishing anything bad but have an injury or something else then who will be bellyaching. May I ask who came on this board and said we "sucked" when the game was half over? Tell you what you don't want to have a discussion then shut up and don't say anything unless you want to say something constructive. Better yet I will just shut up before you piss me off.

Fair weather fans we don't need here period. Yet we "suck" in the first half according to you yet I am a complainer or unhappy. Which is it do we suck or are we good. Weather is good now but what about 2 weeks from now my fair weathered fan? Can't have it both ways. Going bad we "suck" all of a sudden you are happy and hope we win and play like that all the time.

I will not back down from ONE THING I've posted yet. I DO hope every game is JUST LIKE this one. Win. Win. Win. 45-21.

Fair weather? I hang in there even when we DO suck. One thing your little jpeg didn't show was that our moderator, surely NOT a "fair weather fan" said "Thank you", as he also recognized when we were sucking. But you know what, ogredawg, sometimes we suck in the first half and make adjustments and don't suck in the second half. If you have problem with me saying so, TOUGH. Like it or just LUMP it. I won't back down from ONE DAMN thing I've posted. "Fair weather" fan is what you post when you can't think of one intelligent thing to say.

Valid discussion, sure. We were having that. I, in fact, agreed with the point sadlerdawg made that we didn't run TG in the first half enough. wlayton made a fine point that what we DID do WORKED. After thinking (that's right, ogredawg, THINKING about those posts), I posted what makes SENSE. When you WIN by more points than your opponent SCORED IN THE ENTIRE GAME, it's a good game. At the half, it wasn't. Tell me otherwise.

Don't like what I post? Tough. I could not care less.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62259 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

thriller wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

thriller wrote:

I will not back down from ONE THING I've posted yet. I DO hope every game is JUST LIKE this one. Win. Win. Win. 45-21.

Fair weather? I hang in there even when we DO suck. One thing your little jpeg didn't show was that our moderator, surely NOT a "fair weather fan" said "Thank you", as he also recognized when we were sucking. But you know what, ogredawg, sometimes we suck in the first half and make adjustments and don't suck in the second half. If you have problem with me saying so, TOUGH. Like it or just LUMP it. I won't back down from ONE DAMN thing I've posted. "Fair weather" fan is what you post when you can't think of one intelligent thing to say.

Valid discussion, sure. We were having that. I, in fact, agreed with the point sadlerdawg made that we didn't run TG in the first half enough. wlayton made a fine point that what we DID do WORKED. After thinking (that's right, ogredawg, THINKING about those posts), I posted what makes SENSE. When you WIN by more points than your opponent SCORED IN THE ENTIRE GAME, it's a good game. At the half, it wasn't. Tell me otherwise.

Don't like what I post? Tough. I could not care less.

keep whining, complaining and bellyaching and saying how much we suck then change your mind just because it suits you. You made not one explanation as to why you said it but you said it. According to you we sucked in the first half, then we made it all better and we no longer sucked in the second half. That is a fair weather fan like it or not.

So what if Steve thanked your post. You going to run and hide behind him now?

You come on and have the nerve to complain and be unhappy about something I posted when in the middle of the game you posted:

Crybaby bellyacher whiner is what you are. I call them as I see them and you WILL do it again. Mark my words you WILL.....

thecountrynation.com
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62262 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

LimeyDawg wrote:

I agree with you that KM still needs a little more grease on the wheels. He was being tentative. I don't think it's time to run others in place of Gurley yet . . . if you have a stud, run the stud. Everyone on the planet was wondering why TG had only 4 carries in the first half. FOUR?! Someone, and I'm not going to call anyone out, since I wasn't in the booth, but someone FORGOT their MOST important weapon in the first half. I'm like sadlerdawg in that regard . . . I can certainly understand generous substitutions, but FOUR carries in the first half? That's neglect.

An alternate perspective might be that TG was held back while the O-line wore the tigers down. Once the fatigue set in, Gurley gets loose and Beast Mode is switched to ON. Criminy...for all the prognostication here, nobody would have predicted the outcome and production. I actually prefer a fresh TG in the second half. I'm also impressed by Nick Chubb. That run for a TD was reminiscent of Hershel. That kid is going to be special. Mark my words.

Thank you.....

Who cares anyway, he got his carries in etc (believe 19) and nobody (maybe DWS) expected 293 net yards.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62263 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call
KM. Was checked out after the game no problem with the knee

Look for him to catch a pass in space when he doesn't have time to over think

Just let his abilities take over. Good that the freshmen are pushing him

No pity pat party. He will be fine. CBM and TG. will see to that. GO DAWGS

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62264 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina game 2 roll call

Certainly don't disagree with running TG, I was yelling too, but the reason I blamed more of it on our lousy D in the 1st half and therefore not getting more offensive possessions is because our D was on the field most of the 1st half....

Clemson time of possession in the 1st half was between 18-19 minutes and had 276-126 in yards. Simply put, our offense was sitting on the sideline because our D couldn't stop them.

We could discuss this forever....don't believe there's any right or wrong assessment.

Hey ENJOY....we looked great as a whole!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds