Forum

Clemson Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62275 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
In high school summer camp, held in Cochran, Georgia, Bleckley County. YELLOW SALT TABLETS.

Much the same as the "Bear" coached while in Texas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62278 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: In high school summer camp was in Cochran, Georgia, Bleckley County. YELLOW SALT TABLETS.

I almost overdosed on those salt tablets......had to drink water/lemon juice all afternoon between summer practices to remedy it (plus throwing them up helped... :sick: :sick: )

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62280 by Buc

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: In high school summer camp was in Cochran, Georgia, Bleckley County. YELLOW SALT TABLETS.

I almost overdosed on those salt tablets......had to drink water/lemon juice all afternoon between summer practices to remedy it (plus throwing them up helped... :sick: :sick: )

So much has changed wlayton, know that folks on this board get tired of hearing it. Hard not to reflect when I look around and see how far the "game" has progressed. Little bit like the old stories of walking five miles in the snow, barefooted. We however did get very hot and sand spurs were not fun and salt tablets were awful. Just glad that I did get to participate in that part of football. Young pups today really don't understand how far football has moved forward. Remembering when Namath signed that $500,000 contract with the Jets, media and fans could not believe they were throwing that kind of money around. Saw yesterday or day before where Watts that plays for Houston just signed a 100 million dollar contract. Of course that is not guaranteed, but there is a nice slice of pie in that 100 million for him. Not up to breaking paragraphs at this moment.

Edit: Also gnats and pink eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62282 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread
Buc... did you mean "progressed" or "regressed"?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62340 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Clemson Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote: Plus we need to hand out the "He brought his lunchpail to work" award for this game, and I'm going to hand that award out to FB Taylor Maxey.

I noticed Chip Towers over on the AJC finally got around to posting an article reporting what McClendon said about Maxey's play Saturday. Gotta give it to the AJC, you read it there first....

or not.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #62341 by Buc
Wartdawg, goes to show what happens to the gray matter when we move along in age. So right you are about the "progressed" . . . . "regressed" thought.

"Pouty" does not realize just what the true opinion of him is in Athens and elsewhere. Have noticed that Richt's answers to his questions in the press conferences are short and to the point. AJC can't run the show anymore, have fallen from their place of prominence when it comes to Georgia football. Anything to stir the pot and draw attention to the mullet wrapper, that is Pouty.

On the Taylor Maxey post you made the other day. Strangely enough I meant to make a comment on that yesterday, totally agree with what you posted. Again a case of the "gray matter".

Also watching Brendan Douglas on the sideline during the game, made me feel bad for him. It was easy to see that Douglas wanted to enter the game. Lots of talent in Athens, going to be hard to keep everyone happy. That over the years has been the case . . . . we will see.

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds