Forum

TAM/USC . . . . Thoughts??

9 years 7 months ago #62197 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic TAM/USC . . . . Thoughts??

GooseDawg78 wrote:

Buc wrote:

Buc wrote:
Saturday is not far off.

USC loses, we are up one game in the SEC East. We have talent, wonder if we can capitalize on "talent" finally? Just asking.

Great ? Buc,

I WANT to answer yes we can & yes we will....BUT, my sincere answer is I will believe it when I see it :S

Hey Buc, after watching that game from Section 326 last night, how bout I revise my answer to a HELL YES!!! :woohoo:

GO DAWGS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62198 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic TAM/USC . . . . Thoughts??
Goose, maybe it is our turn now. Do know one thing . . . . we have "teachers" on the defensive side of the ball. I say that for this reason and hope that many don't take it wrong.

We have been a team that "forgot" what wins in the SEC, and . . . . National Championships. Must play defense and we have been "pretenders" for far too long.

While some might not like this comment, you know me . . . . Bobby Dodd coached Georgia Tech and understood that you have to line up and play defense, along with that a kicking game will win many games.

I love what Todd Gurley did yesterday and all of his days in Athens. I look a bit deeper into what it takes to win in the SEC. Pruitt/Rocker and Company brought back the backbone of what it takes to win consistently.

Facts. The defense shut the Clemson offense DOWN. Did not give the Clemson defense "time to fill their lungs with oxygen". Not taking anything away from Todd Gurley, but our defense did aid our offense by playing SEC football. Anyone that has played the game realizes just how important the "new way" that was played yesterday is the "old way" revived.

There are some offensive linemen of the future that will benefit greatly from what happened between the Hedges yesterday. Not only did the defense grow up in the second half, the offensive line did also in the second half. Offensive line will be a step or two above the way they played yesterday, next time around.

Important to keep our "emotions" in check. rockdawg used that term yesterday and in my mind that was insightful.

For this old fart, it is fulfilling to see "positive results" from the Spring and Fall practices playing out in the Classic City.

Will Friend, thank you. No explanation needed. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62202 by Buc
Goose you were there, as usual. Want to hear more from you about the game. That is not for hits on this site, it is a request from a Brother that respects what you have to say.

Know that the Auburn game is a "thing" for you and the Bride. Said a while back that I believed that Pruitt/Rocker and Company were preparing us for that game. Not that game alone, but we know what Auburn does and with a new defensive coaching staff, just getting ready for something that could "happen between the Hedges".

Pruitt faced Malzahn prior to coming to Athens. Against Clemson, another team that Pruitt had faced off with while in Tallahassee, he made a statement. Yesterday Pruitt/Rocker and Company made a statement against an offensive coordinator that is highly thought of in college football. Results are all that matter.

If we are ok in the injury area, that game could be "off the charts" for M&M.

Not overlooking other teams, said before I think teams like Arkansas would/could surprise. Their game yesterday was more than interesting. Bret Bielema believes in offensive and defensive lines, admire him for stepping into the SEC. Bielema is a serious college football coach. Glad that he is a head coach in the SEC. Man has no fear, JMO.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62207 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic TAM/USC . . . . Thoughts??
Buc, interesting mentioning Bielema. I flew in a expert in my hobby over the weekend from Wisconsin and he is a devout Wisconsin Badger fan and we talked about the program and Bielema leaving. Now this is just his comments but he said most in Wis are glad that he is gone because basically they felt his attitude and arrogance wasn't acceptable for their program. His words...."he's a jerk" and most didn't want him representing UW.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62284 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic TAM/USC . . . . Thoughts??

wlayton wrote: Buc, interesting mentioning Bielema. I flew in a expert in my hobby over the weekend from Wisconsin and he is a devout Wisconsin Badger fan and we talked about the program and Bielema leaving. Now this is just his comments but he said most in Wis are glad that he is gone because basically they felt his attitude and arrogance wasn't acceptable for their program. His words...."he's a jerk" and most didn't want him representing UW.

Since when does the moral character and/or general attitude matter at this level???? I mean the
bottom line is can the guy coach!!?!!

Oh wait... we are talking about Wisconsin, not Louisville..

Nevermind

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62286 by Buc
Over the years I have developed a couple of friendships from the Wisconsin area. In my opinion, Wisconsin fans are closer to the way football is played in the SEC than others in that conference. They are very in tune with the Packers, and that has flowed over to college football.

Watched the game against LSU, was big time impressed with Wisconsin's offensive line. That line is loaded with "nasties". They are a good football team, capable of kicking urban Meyer's butt.

Also watched UCF and Penn State. Heck of a game, like Franklin or not, he will stand tall against urban meyer. Has a serious recruiting year going on now for 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds