Forum

From Athens- One week to GDF

9 years 8 months ago #61986 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- One week to GDF was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Just 7 days to GDF and 8 to kickoff, I am way beyond ready.

Below is a link to an article by Loran Smith (ABH) on CJP.

Several things stand out the first is a confirmation of his respect and love for high school football coaches.

The second is Loran speaking about Erk and CJP following the same KISS approach to coaching defenses.

Buc there is a nugget about one of Erk’s T-shirts imprinted with
“Big TEAM- little me” says it all in four words.

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...ormance-be-his-units

IMO this article speaks to why and how CJP is such a good recruiter.

Earlier this month I posted a comment on how I felt we were in the process of building pipelines to various areas of the country to keep the flow of quality recruits heading to Athens.

After the recent success we had this week I feel that this is true for our in state players as well

Recruits talk to each other; word is you need to take a long look at what is going on here in the Classic City. Just might want to be part of it.

What follows is my opinion and is not an effort to sway anyone’s thinking I am just tossing it out there to mull and ponder.

There are those of us who have taken a wait and see position. Show me that all these changes play out on the field. We win more games as a result.

Some state they are holding back their enthusiasm until after the USC game.

Or others sight another point in the season before they jump in.

I was leaning in that direction until MH had to take Medical DQ

That and the fact we have a completely new staff on defense plus a whole bunch of new Dawgs got me to thinking

We as fans ask that our players give their all every practice and every play during a game.

Just thinking of all the hours of rehab that has been done by a large number of players just to get the opportunity to play the game they love again this season.

True some have done it so they can follow a career in the NFL, however they still have some college ball to play for us.

We fans are demanding that they win a NC or reach some other benchmark we establish as a successful season in each of our minds.

We hear Commit to the “G” and most of our players do

IMO as fans our commitment needs to match theirs

I have advised ESPN that I have flipped

Me I am all in
from play one until the last play of the season

Not talking about Kool-Aid, or colored glasses.

Not talking about wins or loses, they will take care of themselves

Just my recognition that their efforts this year have been elevated, both players and coaches

IMO this will not be a slow starting team, defense will be ready and offense wants and will keep pace.

We have one more weekend to practice tailgating

Georgia has already spotted the chicken that I have taken out of the freezer to thaw for Saturday night supper

She will let me know if I need to make any preseason adjustments to the grilled chicken.She mumbled how about a faster pace on the grill you can get more cooked that way.

Say it again I kinda like the sound “Big TEAM-little me”

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week
As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61987 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- One week to GDF
Wow it's here Georgia football.
Heat index 122 yesterday not the football weather I remember.

Enjoy the weekend Thanks yankeedawg

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61989 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- One week to GDF
yd1, your Friday post always gets the adrenaline going! We're a week out, and I've already got butterflies.

Here's my next week, in a nutshell:

1. Saturday (tomorrow)...find some kind of meat to smoke all day. Go back and watch video of LSU @ UGA from last year. Get a little nervous.

2. Sunday...go to church. Get home and try to relax, knowing that in one week we'll have some idea of what the upcoming season is going to be like. Go back and watch the 'Cocks @ UGA from last year. Get more nervous.

3. Monday...get up and go to work. Try to keep mind on work. Fail. Come to www.dawgs.com and read what everyone is posting. Get more nervous.

4. Tuesday...more work. More nervous. More www.dawgs.com.

5. Wednesday...work again, darn it. By now, nerves are becoming kind of frayed. Go back and watch something like UGA @ 'Bama 2007. Come to www.dawgs.com to try to calm down - won't work, but worth a try.

6. Thursday...that work thing starts to get pretty annoying by now. Check out the prognostications for the weekend by the so-called "experts" and tell myself they have no clue. Check out the Vegas line...they have clue. Then come to www.dawgs.com to get the REAL expert opinions.

7. Friday...come to work without any real hope of getting any actual "work" done, since my mind will be completely overwhelmed by anxiety. Somehow manage to find my "favorites" button and come to www.dawgs.com to read the yd1 GDF post. Become completely unglued. Watch UGA @ Tech from last year in order to gain more confidence in HM.

8. Saturday...find some other kind of meat to smoke. Tell the family it's Tiger meat. Smoke it all day. Also smoke some kind of veggie (like asparagus smoked in butter with Italian seasoning), tell the kids it's actually grass from within the Hallowed Hedges. Watch UGA @ Tennessee from 2001. Nerves left the building a long time ago. Watch the game. Celebrate win!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61990 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- One week to GDF
yd1 and thriller.....those posts are so good I am considering printing them and putting them on the wall in my sports room/office/man cave/hideout.

yd1....great stuff as always and while I am in the camp of wait and see, I do feel pretty good about what I'm hearing. Glasses are still in the drawer though.

thriller.....still laughing, can relate, loved that about work/tiger meat/Sanford Stadium grass.....priceless.

Cool ones for both of you.

Just ready, not much to say.....just READY. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61991 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens- One week to GDF
It's almost here. I am like you thriller - it will take me a week to get ready! I really do like your schedule. I will try to stick to it, but you are the Master!

Our High School starts tonight and I am anxious about them also! Football time in the South. Gota love it!

Go Dawgs! GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61992 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- One week to GDF
Thiller. A man with a plan. I see a money maker in your Smoked Sanford Hedges

Wlayton appreciate the cold ones each week. Is Champ ready?

Eight months of waiting is about to be rewarded

Boys of the South Go Boom

Let the chapel bell ring long and loud often in 2014

Big Team. little me...... Go Dawgs........

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds