Forum

Clemson Game Aug 30

9 years 8 months ago #61958 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Clemson Game Aug 30
I don't get tired of you saying it. I've said it as well.

Sometimes the most valuable thing your offense can do is play keep away.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61959 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Clemson Game Aug 30

TN Dawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Key to victory is for Mason to manage the game and not try to do more than needs to be done. Like everyone is saying, feed the rock to our stud RB's and keep their D honest with some short quick passes. I don't care if we eat up the clock and beat them 24-21! Mason is going to be fine...

I know you guys get tired of me saying this... "They can't score if we have the ball. Time of possession is your FRIEND"! Sometimes I think we score too quickly.

TN D....I totally understand and agree with you, BUT, if the Dawgs score on the 1st play of every other drive, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Besides, the main reason we all feel better about the ball control strategy is because our D's haven't been able to stop anybody. Hopefully Pruitt solves that problem.

Certainly believe BAMA has NO problem with scoring quickly because they know they can stop you.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 8 months ago #61960 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Clemson Game Aug 30
If we do have a fast scoring O. Hopefully Pruitt and co. Holds true to the lighter, faster and team defense we have been hearing about. At the end of the day we just need to have 1 more point than them. But I would like to have a blowout every now and then. So tired of scoring 40+ and still not sure if we will win our not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61961 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Clemson Game Aug 30

sflanagan21 wrote:

Key to victory is for Mason to manage the game....Mason is going to be fine...

This worries me!...I've seen very little from Mason, thus far, to develop a comfort zone!...One thing I'm absolutely certain of, Mason is NO Greene, Shockley, Stafford or Murray, if he were he wouldn't be a 5th year starter....Yes, one can always argue the Greene/Shockley era, with Shock waiting his turn. However, CMR did a sizeable amount of QB rotating based on the vaulted abilities of the two QB's....Mason,.....not so much!....Which begs the question, is Mason closer to the names mentioned above, or,....Tereshinski III, Cox, or Phillips? AND if necessary, will CMR pull the plug and anoint a young gunslinger or stay the course?!?!?!.....

TN Dawg wrote:

Time of possession is your FRIEND"!

Damn skippy it is!...and I believe THIS, at least early on, will be the benchmark of our success, or not!...There is no dart thrower under center, and I'm suspect of his game management....Let the thorobreds tote the rock!...Like Herschel said when asked after a game if he was tired,...."Why,...that ball ain't heavy!!!"

No predictions from me....we have the talent and the ability, but we've also had it before....

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 8 months ago #61962 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Clemson Game Aug 30
If I'm Bobo, I'm scheming up a few plays to get McKensie the ball in open space! Don't be surprised to see this freak return a kickoff 100 yards either! Kid is flat out wicked quick, gonna give coaches nightmares for years to come...

More
9 years 8 months ago #61963 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Clemson Game Aug 30
NC Dawg, I hear ya my man, I would be very concerned for this season if we weren't loaded with talent all over the O! I would put HM right in the middle of the pack of the QB's you mentioned, the difference being he has a lot of weapons at his disposal!

Playing the position for my entire career and now coaching QB's allow me this. If you put a solid O line on the field with some stud RB's and some above average WR's with good hands and good route running skills, then you'll be just fine with an average QB that can rely on the talent around him to make the big plays. Look at Bama's QB's under Saban.

As far as our D goes, Pruitt will have em' prepared and ready to play, nuff said!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds