Forum

From Athens-22 days until Kickoff

9 years 8 months ago #61730 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-22 days until Kickoff was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

We have just 22 days until kickoff.

I want to thank all who helped keep the conversation going from January until now.

As Steve said the closer to the season starting more folks come back and post-a very good thing

I have several times spoken as how I feel this site is a cyberspace “Cheers” never know who is going to pop in for a pint and join the conversation

It has been an interesting off season. Soon we will see how it all translates on the field.

The following is not an effort to make excuses or prepare a soft landing for any future disappointments in our team.

While the first two games are important to our season they only make up one sixth of our regular season. It has been shared here that we will know a good deal about our team follow the USC game, but IMO there will be still more to learn in the games that follow.

I sense agreement that we all want to see a steady improvement from game to game.

As much as we did not see that with Toddy I feel that with the coaches with now have we will see it across our entire team.

I have seen that the offense is feeding off the same level of accountability that has taken hold of our defense.

This also includes special teams.

I am looking forward to watching IM returning kickoffs and punts. He looks like a quicker version of the Honey Badger

Players and coaches working each day to get better

Teaching and learning……..

Practice means something again in Athens. I see this trend holding during the season.

It really brings our bye week before USC to a higher level of
Importance. We will arrive in Cola East ready unlike 2 years ago no question.

Steve again great job in retooling the site, thanks

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always…”Go Dawgs”!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61732 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens-22 days until Kickoff
Yd from what I read too early in the morning can't remember the ST coaches name but he said there was no reason for special teams to be a weak link in the chain.

He said with Georgia talent we should have at least 7/8 kick off returns for TD.
Kind of got me excited to see.
He keeps talking about speed Well he's got a team full of that.

Looks like B.Douglas is staying in the RB rotation.

Everybody have a great weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61733 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens-22 days until Kickoff
We win at Carolina then the East is ours for the taking......Carolina wins then they have a really good chance of being 7-0 when they play Aubuurn, the gaytors have a good defense but they will be a non factor IMHO for the East this year the same for Mizzou.....the West could be anyone with the Tide as the odds on favorite but the sleeper could be Miss. State.......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61734 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-22 days until Kickoff
Ogredawg. Agree we win over the chickens the east is ours to lose we don't we are looking

For help....again. rather than taking care of our business

I would love a season of less drama

Read were the Gator's had a full brawl at practice during tackling drill. DB Hargraves

Limping off the field. Stay well and have a good weekend. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61735 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens-22 days until Kickoff
Not trying to jinx anything here, but if we win the first two games of the season, we won't lose to anyone this year. Abuurn wasn't nearly as good as advertised last year, and they lost half of their not-so-great-defense, and Missouri has lost a lot of talent too. I'm not saying it's a cake walk . . . just saying that IF WE DO win the first two games, we're a lot better than I currently think we are.

I think we beat Climpsn in the first game and lose to the 'Cocks in game two. If that happens, I won't be as confident about the Mizzou game either. Realistically, I think we may be a 9-3 or 10-2 team this year, with a trip to the Outback Bowl.

Just STAY HEALTHY and WRAP UP when tackling!

More
9 years 8 months ago #61736 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens-22 days until Kickoff
The game chicks are still what they've always been, second rate.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds