Forum

Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans

9 years 8 months ago #61720 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans
wlayton . . . very concerned early on . . . INDEED, sir!

BTW - I hate to ask this, as this will show how disconnected I became after the Vanderbilt game last year . . . is Pruitt going to run the 3-4, or is he switching us back to the 4-3? Please say 4-3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61722 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans

thriller wrote: wlayton . . . very concerned early on . . . INDEED, sir!

BTW - I hate to ask this, as this will show how disconnected I became after the Vanderbilt game last year . . . is Pruitt going to run the 3-4, or is he switching us back to the 4-3? Please say 4-3.

thriller, gave others the opening to post to your question.

Having watched a lot of FSU film, Pruitt is totally unpredictable. Supposedly Pruitt is a 3/4 coach, film study does not come close to bearing that out.

If I am the head coach at Clemson, don't have a clue what Pruitt/Rocker and Company will do defensively. All of us know that certain situations call for certain defenses . . . . right? . . . . Pruitt does not follow "certain situations". Not uncommon at all to see 5 or 6 threatening to get after the quarterback. Does cause concern for some. Meaning the defensive backs have to "guess correctly".

Pruitt is a gambler. Probably get beat on occasion, but it still leaves doubt in play calling on the "other side".

Get a chance, go to youtube and watch the FSU/Clemson 2013 game. Entire game is there and notice how our defensde played Clemson and the way that FSU played them. Night and day my friend. No risk, no gain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61724 by Buc
thriller, this is a fast paced piece of film, but it reveals where Pruitt is coming from. Know that you have always been a "wrap'em up" poster. Agree with that.

In the film below I think about this season, our running backs, and a fifth year quarterback. Offensive line comes to play, might get interesting.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61725 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Outsiders Agree With Georgia Fans

thriller wrote: wlayton . . . very concerned early on . . . INDEED, sir!

thriller, imo, I think Pruitt is a 3-4 guy but will vary his schemes depending on the opposition's offense.

He may show a 3-4....a 4-3 or even a 6-7 man front at times....he'll adjust to what he feels will work.

I like that alot. But basically he has been a 3-4 DC.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61726 by Buc
Have not always been a big supporter of the Red&Black . . . . the Red&Black media group. Recently they have seemed to get better at football reporting.

Some good information in the link below. This group is "reporting" using their journalism skills, not like some fail to do in the media, season after season.

Watching the offensive line "stuff" as close as I can. If the offensive line works, this football team is going to be a handful. My opinion.

Also have to say this . . . . we have some players that want to play. We have both defensive and offensive coaches that want them to play.

A lot of the media folks have much to say about the defense. Takes "both" sides of the ball to move forward. Both sides of the ball can improve the other sides chances of producing.

One more thing . . . . anyone that has followed this board knows that I have always had high hopes and expectations for Kublanow. Still believe he is going to be an outstanding offensive guard. Running backs are going to love running through the holes that Kublanow will help open. Players on the offensive side of the ball talking "depth", have to be on board with that.

www.redandblack.com/sports/practice-repo...87-001a4bcf6878.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61727 by Buc
This photo has my curosity aroused. Don't really know what to say other than this . . . . It is very hard to live up to our Fathers, especially when his name is Stan Rome.

I will always believe that Jay Rome was/is very talented. Sometimes it comes down to "want to". I believe that JR thought he was head and shoulders above others commiting to playing football in Athens. Don't jump me, that is what I think I have seen.

Michael Jordan was the best playing basketball. Baseball in Birmingham was not his game.

Talent alone will give fans and the player moments of excitement.

From where I sit, glad that we have the tightend position covered.

Jay, this is from me to you . . . . NFL looks at every piece of "stuff" presented on the internet and elsewhere. Lots of players coming out of college each year that are six feet and inches over 4. Want that money, better strap that jockstrap on a bit tighter and get your head together. NFL has no free lunches. Might be that UGA has taken on that same approach in college athletics. Much has and is changing in the Classic City as DAWGtm mentioned. From where I sit, past time.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds