Forum

From Athens- 36 days to GDF

9 years 8 months ago #61470 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
Have to add this . . . .

We appear to have a real good kicking game. Hoping our punter "wakes up", definitely has the leg.

So, what are we down to . . . . Special Teams and some questions about the offensive line and our defensive backfield?

Will say this, I am on board with Mike Ekeler, our inside linebacker coach and one of two Special Teams coaches. One of Tampa Bay's top notch linebackers served under Ekeler while at Nebraska. Picked this paragraph up from the link below. Just shows what Pruitt and his inside linebacker coach Ekeler think about speed and size.

This is not to pp any Falcon fans off, trying to offer what I know about our coaching staff, Mike Ekeler particularly.

Not highly recruited out of high school, David followed time in junior college with two impressive seasons for Nebraska. Recognized as an All-American by nearly every major service in 2011, he additionally set a school record with 152 tackles in 2010. Despite that achievement, and representing a substantial miscalculation by so-called experts, the prospect's stock largely dropped because of his size. At 6'1" and 230 pounds, many scouts feared David lacked ideal frame to be a dominant linebacker. It cost him a ticket to the first round.

Lavonte David does nothing but praise Mike Ekeler.

sports.yahoo.com/news/tampa-bay-bucs-39-...-215000046--nfl.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61472 by Buc
Something else that I want to post yd1 concerning your starting of this thread and portions that mean a lot to me.

Thought I was through with the Taylor and other "stupid spit" that some of the young players have brought down on UGA through their as you describe it "ME" stuff.

This is the result of BMOC and how they bring attention to the University of Georgia, reflecting not only on the University of Georgia, but those of us that support UGA. These a holes have nothing to offer anyone other than the fact that they are football players.

Anyone believing that their new schools and coaches have their "best interest" at heart are just as deep in the woods as those that spew that stuff. Below is a paragraph all over the media that those outside of Georgia football love to showcase.

The school that has been in the news the most this offseason is Georgia. Four players were arrested in March for theft by deception. Two of those four, Taylor and Tray Matthews, were later dismissed for separate incidents. A third, Uriah LeMay, opted to transfer. Back in February, safety Josh Harvey-Clemons also was dismissed from the program following multiple violations of team rules.

No, we are not the only school that has reports of bad behaviour in the press, but it has been bad enough in the past "several years" to leave a stigma on Georgia's football program. Say this again and yd1 you have mentioned it . . . . hoping that instances like IC on the sideline and "other stuff" such as the recent BS with "stealing" and "hitting women" ends. Most of these a holes are just that.

See where the 5***** receiver from Florida returned to Athens and posted bond. Sad thing about this, and probably the others, a slap on the wrist and from this point forward . . . . you a holes be nice and reform. Right.

End with this . . . . will be interesting to see where Taylor ends up playing football, and he will play D1 somewhere.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61473 by Buc
yankeedawg1, all in fun. Remembering what you posted in another thread. One of my favorite Grizzard pieces of work, he was special. RC and a Moon Pie . . . . :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61475 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
Lewis was very special I was blessed to get to see him in concert in Chattanooga.

This was just after he married his love from Ooltewah the final Mrs. Grizzard

Loved his Dawgs and Sprayberrys BQ. DGD

As you correctly pointed out. It is impossible to think we can cull our recruits as to never

Sign a dud in the future. However with the coaching staff we have and the recruits taking

part in our camps earlier helps.

I like seeing recruits spending time with current upper classmen players. One of the best

Hiring tools I used was having a candidate spend time during a interview with one of

Long time employees. Just to see if the BS meter went off

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61476 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
Hey Sadder were fixing to ride high of 85 going to take advantage hope all is Well.

OK Buc there was 20/22 regular members login
Now there's 14 just having some fun
In a couple of weeks it will blow up like the 2/3 keg parties I use to have.

Hey growl hope all is Well.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
Attachments:

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #61533 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
ESPN had the UT - Dawgs 2013 game as #15 of the top 25 games played in. 2013. I watched how we

Took injury after injury. Knowing whats coming yiu could see our offense getting the

Deer in the headlights look. Who is next? I had forgotten about our last drive to

Tie. BD had two drops and CMB called his number again on 3rd down. BD took it on a little

Swing on the left side. AM hit him in full stride. He ran over LB and a DB for the first

AM then goes on to hit RW fora TD to tie up. Front 7 played...DB's lost no clue

Don't think we go to OT this year. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds