Forum

From Athens- 36 days to GDF

9 years 8 months ago #61536 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF

Dawg With Style wrote: A very interesting read:

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/07/29/32232...t.html#storylink=rss

Buc BM at it again:

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-recruiti...m-going-commit-soon/

DWS did read both articles. I have been a supporter of Kimberley's reports for a long time.

Liked reading where John Atkins dropped some weight. Atkins plans on getting on the field in 2014, no doubt.

McClendon is "all that".

One thing that keeps popping up in my mind is the number of running backs. Will not be surprised to see someone that is very good leave Athens to get more playing time. Any back with intentions of playing in the NFL has to show some film of college play. High school film is not enough.

Appears most of the team took Pruitt's message to heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61537 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
Yes it is going to be a challenge to get touches for all bscks. One ot two will be

Heading to NFL which opens spots. Yes very likely to see transfers but as long as we continue

To have the type RB's that gets drafted we will see more of the same top talent heading to

Athens. That and CBM and others recruiting will keep the pipeline full

Go Dawgs. Fall camp opens in 2 days....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61538 by Buc
yankeedawg1, like the term "pipeline". That word has been "missing in action" for far too long.

Believe we are at a place in time that serious recruiting of offensive linemen goes full tilt. Great that we picked up some very good offensive linemen, to name two, Sims and Wynn, one more that was actually signed earlier, Seymour. This is not a reflection on the other offensive linemen that are heading to Athens. I just know more about Sims and Wynn.

Cleveland of course was "huge" in more ways than one.

On this board and others don't get a lot of information about the offensive linemen from the State of Georgia. What I get from those in the Atlanta and surrounding areas usually is about "other positions". Often wonder about that. Media I know influences a lot of what folks read and post.

With the depth at running back, fullback, quarterback, wide receiver and tightend positions, think that this is a prime time to move away from "past" mistakes of "overlooking" the obvious. This is not being ugly, it is simply what "I" see.

Quarterbacks can be all that, but "all that" starts with the offensive line, called protection. This should be a prime time for Will Friend and others to as you say yd1, fill the pipeline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61539 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF
Buc the one thing that keeps going thru my mind is Saban going after BM that would really Piss me off!!!!!! :evil:

Because Georgia want pay him.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61540 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- 36 days to GDF

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc the one thing that keeps going thru my mind is Saban going after BM that would really Piss me off!!!!!! :evil:

Because Georgia want pay him.

Money talks. Even though he is a Dawg McG needs to step it up and pay the man.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago #61541 by Buc
McClendon could be a very positive addition to any team in the SEC, especially those that are continually above average. He covers a lot of territory, on the road, not sitting on his butt like some did recently. That statement covers more than grantham.

McClendon
Bobo
Pruitt
Rocker

Just to mention four. Not a doubt in my mind that there are others that will add their names to that list.

What university in the SEC would not like to have the four mentioned above recruiting for them?

wlayton is right, college football not unlike NFL football has becme a "money game".

DWS, one thing for sure, there is "money in Athens". Whether or not the "Group" will open the vault . . . . don't have a clue. There are others that will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds