Forum

Mark Richt Take The Next Step

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61451 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step

Buc wrote: Thank you wlayton.

??.... I agree with your posts about stopping this behavior in its tracks.

I like what I have been seeing with the "no-nonsense" policy and doing the right thing of kicking these BMOC's off the team. Let the players that love wearing the "G" proudly take their spots.....in the long run they will do a much better job.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61453 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step
Think all of us know and it has been said on this board many times, these young men don't have as good a grip on life as they like to think. At their young age, they are full of piss and vinegar, many never having to do anything more than be "BMOC".

What happens after they leave high school and their lofty positions at that level soon come to a halt when they are rooming with other young men that come from the same culture. Those of us that follow Georgia football closely have seen it yet again this off season.

Why is it that anyone believes that one person, a coach or tutor can turn these young men around in the twinkling of an eye? Mark Richt took on that responsibility from his first day on campus in Athens. Many times it has caused him much pain, like what just happened with Taylor. Same thing with IC and many others. That was Richt's choice, and it was a choice that often proved right. Just like good news does not make the front page of newpapers, it is the "stuff" that we have just seen that covers newsprint up.

Said in an earlier post, now is the time that some of this type of BMOC BS can be harnessed, it will never come to a complete halt.

Bothers me when I read some of the things that are being posted all around the internet. Many, many posters have not a care about the depth of what Taylor did, they are only concerned about who is going to replace Taylor in the lineup.

I sincerely hope that somewhere on our football team we have some young men step up and become leaders. Think most of us understand "peer pressure". Probably many of us have been through some situations because of "peer pressure". I have.

Leadership has to come from the top or . . . . we will continue to see the same situations played out every year. That is a fact. Don't know of course how Pruitt/Rocker and Company will handle this, but I have a suspicion that the defensive players know this type of behaviour will not rest well with the new coaches on defense.

Say again, high fives to Mark Richt first off for trying to save Taylor as a first time offender. High fives to Mark Richt for putting an end to this particular case. Keep it up . . . .if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61454 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step
:) :) :) Wlayton, Many DGD played before the G was put on the head gear. The silver head gear & britches was the norm. I loved that uniform & respected it for many years till CVD made the uniform change. I would love to see a retro-uniform being worm again for all that played & sweated on the practice fields. Hell game day for a vacation compared to the Wally Butt's practices. Just ask any of "Wallys Boys".
As always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
9 years 8 months ago #61459 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step

DawgDoc wrote: :) :) :) Wlayton, Many DGD played before the G was put on the head gear. The silver head gear & britches was the norm. I loved that uniform & respected it for many years till CVD made the uniform change. I would love to see a retro-uniform being worm again for all that played & sweated on the practice fields. Hell game day for a vacation compared to the Wally Butt's practices. Just ask any of "Wallys Boys".

Yes, I've seen those uniforms. Classic and a retro would be very cool.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 8 months ago #61460 by Buc

DawgDoc wrote: :) :) :) Wlayton, Many DGD played before the G was put on the head gear. The silver head gear & britches was the norm. I loved that uniform & respected it for many years till CVD made the uniform change. I would love to see a retro-uniform being worm again for all that played & sweated on the practice fields. Hell game day for a vacation compared to the Wally Butt's practices. Just ask any of "Wallys Boys".

Wally Butts tackling "dummies" . . . . flesh and blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61461 by Buc
While some of us would like to see the "retro uniform" not sure that too many are in our camp this day and time. Believe most that follow Georgia football currently are more into the here and now rather than "back in the day".

Once a year I post the link below, goes to the subject of changing times.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds