Forum

Mark Richt Take The Next Step

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61439 by Buc
Mark Richt Take The Next Step was created by Buc
Feel that more needs to be said about Taylor and others. Feel sure that Mark Richt personally faced Taylor prior to the media getting the dismissal news. That is as it should be. No doubt in my mind that Richt has deep, hurt feelings when things like this happen. Being an "older" person, I understand that. Have traveled that path.

That being said, Taylor at Georgia is over along with "others" that preceded him.

Now the time has come, and maybe Mark Richt understands better than what I think he does. Richt is the head coach of the Georgia Football Team. He is paid to do one thing, that is to win football games.

Richt is not being prevented from being close to players and their families. He alone cannot and will not change what some of these young folks have yet to learn, or . . . . maybe ever learn. That does not apply to Mark Richt alone as a college football head coach. It is rampant.

Many, maybe most of these young men come to campus with a big "splash". What they do not realize is this . . . . this is not high school football or classroom work, and it is work, showing up for class is the "first step".

These young men need to understand this . . . . there are less than 1% of college football players that will ever receive paychecks from the NFL. So, if that is the "truth", what should these young men do? Should not say this but . . . . show just how "simple" you can be as Matthews did in class? Be just as "cool" as you think you are, but it will come back to "haunt" you.

Be a selfless or selfish person like Wiggins was. Change the way the college plays football on Saturday afternoons to suit "my style of play". Shaq will find out soon enough. Simply, he does not rank in the top ten defensive backs that I have watched in Athens over many years. That is simply a fact. Let's see where he ends up when the NFL Draft picks when his time comes.

Mark Richt, the Georgia Football Program depends on it leaders for "leadership". I commend you for releasing another player that had more "offered" to him than many that would love to have the same opportunity. Has nothing to do with race. Many young men would jump at the chance Taylor, Matthews, Wiggins were offered. Wake up, the world surrounding you young pups will pass you by. Believe that.

Last words . . . . I believe our head coach has been an enabler in too many instances. We all care, however there is a "job" that has to be done. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61441 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step
Thank you wlayton.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61442 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step
What next step Buc? ALL the players know what the policy is. A little screw up can be forgiven and a bigger screw up will cost you a game or 2, combine a few little screw ups or a little with a big or a MAJOR screw up and you will NOT be wearing the G. Pretty cut and dried under CMR......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61443 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Mark Richt Take The Next Step
Amen brothers DawgDoc and Buc.

You have heard me say it before" Playing football for the Georgia Bulldogs is a privilege."

woof woof

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

9 years 8 months ago #61444 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: What next step Buc? ALL the players know what the policy is. A little screw up can be forgiven and a bigger screw up will cost you a game or 2, combine a few little screw ups or a little with a big or a MAJOR screw up and you will NOT be wearing the G. Pretty cut and dried under CMR......

ogredawg, think I have something to say, it will come tomorrow morning, this old fart is going to take some time off and rest.

Say this, usually when you post, I normally read it a couple of times. You do post with meaning. When you posted the thread about Taylor, hit a nerve. If anyone looks back, that is the one young man that I thought would become "all that".

Do have my thoughts about how "players" have been handled/mishandled in the Classic City.

Will post tomorrow my friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61445 by Buc
ogredawg, these days I sometime think that I am "mellowing" out and give me another day or two and "mellowing" is not in my vocabulary.

Know where you and I come from, both of us have seen and done many things. Speaking for myself, some good, along with that some that were not nice to look at when I reflect on "myself".

Never dreamed that I would be talking to many folks about high school, college and NFL football at my age, as much as I do. Could be what keeps me "kicking".

Guess I have come to appreciate the fact that Mark Richt is showing a side that I don't think I have seen before. Seems to me he is at a point of "understanding" that the way things were a while back, they are not the same now.

Watching closely to Richt's actions on the sidelines especially the last two seasons, the frustration could be seen if we looked close enough. Truthfully, think he finally realized that "he" had to "change" some areas of being a head coach.

While a single game that counts has not been played with the current group of coaches, Richt does not say the same things he did a short while back. Do I believe that he was feeling pressure, yes I do. Do I think he is feeling pressure now, yes, but some things have changed and I totally believe this. I think some things have changed in his "mind". Whether or not for the better, soon we will see.

Richt is not a Saban type, some coaches try to emulate Nick Saban, but that has to be in the genes, otherwise it will not work.

Have mentioned on our board before that we have two coaches that have proven records in all phases of football. Another reason that I often refer to our defense as Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Cannot speak for every coach that resides on the defensive side of the ball, can speak to Pruitt/Rocker. Both of these men bring a "different brand" of football to Athens. Mark Richt finally got the message after the mistakes he had made in the coaching area, known as defense.

One thing that many may not know but . . . . Mark Richt came from a college (FSU) that believed in scoring points. Bowden at one time was known as a "gunslinger" of a football coach. There was a long period that any college playing FSU knew they had to score a lot of points to win. That is exactly the philosophy that Mark Richt was basically trained under and brought to Georgia. Worked for a short time, however like urban meyer and others found out, you want to win in the SEC, you have to play defense.

Last thingy, (for now) ;) Don't think I have "ever" seen as much excitement surrounding UGA football as we now see. All of this has happened in my way of thinking . . . . because Mark Richt found out the "hard way" that to stand a chance in the SEC, better play defense. Also believe that fans have caught on to that and think they have seen change for the better, not change for changes sake.

Taylor made his bed, now he has to sleep in it, whether or not he is picked up by Auburn or Louisville, I am proud of the fact that Mark Richt did not hesitate to release him. That sends a much needed message. Me thinks. That is leadership 101.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds