Forum

more arrests *sigh*

9 years 9 months ago #61452 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic more arrests *sigh*

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: waited until he made bond before giving him the boot from the team. CMR does not want to kick anyone when they are down..... :whistle:

Funny....think maybe he may have wanted to tell him face to face like a man?

He could of had a visit with him at the Clarke County Jail for a face to face......

You are hilarious.... :laugh: :laugh: THAT would have been classy..... :laugh: :laugh:

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61484 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic more arrests *sigh*

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61485 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic more arrests *sigh*
Purposely stayed away from the latest on our football players messing up. Seems most outlets have some of the details.

This really disappoints me. Thought that Bellamy was going to be a serious football player at Georgia. Davin is a young man, but it just blows my mind away when I look at the “stupid mistakes” the football players make.

Example . . . . Georgia is trying hard to get rid of the reputation as the “party school of the South”. Seems to me the message is not being accepted by the players.

So, what is the answer? Beats the hell out of me. Tired of blaming it on “youth”.

If I have focused in properly on the way the defensive side of the ball is going to work. My guess is that contrary to what some in the media are saying about Davin sitting the first two games in 2014 will cost him and the team much more than that. Like yd1 says often, appears to be another "ME".

This is another case of a player that has been on campus, not a “newbie” coming in. Has seen everything that has happened prior to “his” mistake.

Would be surprised if he (Davin Bellamy) was not looking over his shoulder. Lorenzo Carter is on campus, and he came to play. Hard sometimes for young players to realize that to play SEC football is an ongoing task. It is not what “you did yesterday” . . . . It is “what you bring today”. Do I really believe that a "super jock" on campus caused this, hell no, first mistake Davin has ever made. BS.

Going to be hard for Davin to work his way back into the regular rotation, if I understand what our new defensive coaches bring to the table. That my friends is on Davin, not the coaches, or the university.

Have read on the internet the many excuse makers. Other schools have players doing the same thing and they cover it up. Makes me scratch my head and say . . . . “What the hell difference does it make, you are all for someone driving under the influence and . . . . What? Did Davin Bellamy not understand the chance he was taking? Does he not understand that those in charge of our streets don't or should not give passes to "stupidity".

I am one that is on the program of “cleaning this spit up in Athens”. Not going to knock drinking or smoking, but I do have a problem with “stupid”. Taylor, Bellamy, Matthews and others . . . . “stupid”. All of you are going back to the “street or corner” if you can’t recognize “stupid”. Have to say this again . . . . Reading some of the “stuff” on the internet, reinforces what the word “stupid” truly means. Refuse to believe that there are not “solid” young men playing football that do not fall into the category of “stupid”. I said that.

Past time to "quit" excusing "youth". Said that also.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61487 by wlayton

sadlerdawg wrote: And the hits just keep on coming...

www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/26/...arrested-dui-charge/

MAN.....what in the world is going on at 5 in the morning? When I was in college I had a ton of fun but I was ASLEEP at 5am.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 8 months ago #61488 by wlayton

Buc wrote: Purposely stayed away from the latest on our football players messing up. Seems most outlets have some of the details.

This really disappoints me. Thought that Bellamy was going to be a serious football player at Georgia. Davin is a young man, but it just blows my mind away when I look at the “stupid mistakes” the football players make.

Example . . . . Georgia is trying hard to get rid of the reputation as the “party school of the South”. Seems to me the message is not being accepted by the players.

So, what is the answer? Beats the hell out of me. Tired of blaming it on “youth”.

If I have focused in properly on the way the defensive side of the ball is going to work. My guess is that contrary to what some in the media are saying about Davin sitting the first two games in 2014 will cost him and the team much more than that. Like yd1 says often, appears to be another "ME".

This is another case of a player that has been on campus, not a “newbie” coming in. Has seen everything that has happened prior to “his” mistake.

Would be surprised if he (Davin Bellamy) was not looking over his shoulder. Lorenzo Carter is on campus, and he came to play. Hard sometimes for young players to realize that to play SEC football is an ongoing task. It is not what “you did yesterday” . . . . It is “what you bring today”. Do I really believe that a "super jock" on campus caused this, hell no, first mistake Davin has ever made. BS.

Going to be hard for Davin to work his way back into the regular rotation, if I understand what our new defensive coaches bring to the table. That my friends is on Davin, not the coaches, or the university.

Have read on the internet the many excuse makers. Other schools have players doing the same thing and they cover it up. Makes me scratch my head and say . . . . “What the hell difference does it make, you are all for someone driving under the influence and . . . . What? Did Davin Bellamy not understand the chance he was taking? Does he not understand that those in charge of our streets don't or should not give passes to "stupidity".

I am one that is on the program of “cleaning this spit up in Athens”. Not going to knock drinking or smoking, but I do have a problem with “stupid”. Taylor, Bellamy, Matthews and others . . . . “stupid”. All of you are going back to the “street or corner” if you can’t recognize “stupid”. Have to say this again . . . . Reading some of the “stuff” on the internet, reinforces what the word “stupid” truly means. Refuse to believe that there are not “solid” young men playing football that do not fall into the category of “stupid”. I said that.

Past time to "quit" excusing "youth". Said that also.

Geez Buc, at this rate Pruitt won't have anybody to coach.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 8 months ago #61490 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic more arrests *sigh*

wlayton wrote: Geez Buc, at this rate Pruitt won't have anybody to coach.

It's looking much the same as years past. I have been reading on this board and other sites about the changes Pruitt and Rocker were bringing that were going to return UGA to the promised land....how there were no more "ME"s on the team, new attitude, newfound discipline, respect for authority and no more screw ups, etc, etc, all because these two saviors were on board.
As I thought when Pruitt was brought on--I think our defense may be a tick better, but overall I don't think much will change this year from last.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds