Forum

Pruitt/Saban Leadership

9 years 8 months ago #61392 by Buc
Pruitt/Saban Leadership was created by Buc
Looking around, reading everything that has to do with UGA football recruiting.

Only right that most fans and media are "sky high" about the way fortunes seem to have changed in a short period of time. Referring to coaching changes having an effect on the "overall" recruiting.

Ever wonder why folks and the media have so much to talk about when Alabama comes up in recruiting? The way many on the Georgia Bandwagon feel right now, is the way folks in Tuscaloosa feel "every year".

It is never in doubt that Nick Saban will rank in the top five, usually number 1 in recruiting year after year. Guess the folks in Alabama have a right to feel the way they do. When I look at how quickly Saban has "again" risen to the top in college football, tells me one thing . . . . man knows what he is doing.

Take for example . . . . Jeremy Pruitt leaving Saban's program. Has it had an effect on Alabama? Most of the rating services and talking heads seem to think that Alabama is again #1 going into the 2014 season.

When I look at the value of Jeremy Pruitt to our program at this point, does not take me long to look at where he came from. Anyone believing that Pruitt learned nothing in Tuscaloosa is totally off base. He brings the same demeanor to Athens that he saw and used in Tuscaloosa.

FSU for example had a very good football team prior to Pruitt taking over the defense. Difference, in his first year, Pruitt was a very significant part of the National Championship. He same as Saban does not think in terms of winning just the East, he has much larger goals than that. Just winning the East on occasion will not move us into the same category as Saban's Alabama in the recruiting wars. Takes much more than that.

What we are seeing now in Athens is a football coach that understands how to reach the top. A lesson that was aided by working under Nick Saban's scheme of coaching.

This is not meant to be anything other than the way I view Georgia football.

Here is hoping that this is truly a change in direction on the "leadership" front concerning Georgia football.

Thinking out loud again. Happens often. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61393 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Pruitt/Saban Leadership
Never was really any problems with the way UGA has recruited except letting some of the top players leave the state and not recruiting to our needs (OL). With Rocker coming aboard that has really helped us and will continue to in the long run on both sides of the ball. McClendon/Rocker make a formidable pair when it comes to getting the players.

Really stoked about Eason coming to UGA along with Cleveland. These are two highly sought after players and makes me feel good about our QB and LT for the next 3-4 years.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61394 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Pruitt/Saban Leadership

ogredawg wrote: Never was really any problems with the way UGA has recruited except letting some of the top players leave the state and not recruiting to our needs (OL). With Rocker coming aboard that has really helped us and will continue to in the long run on both sides of the ball. McClendon/Rocker make a formidable pair when it comes to getting the players.

Really stoked about Eason coming to UGA along with Cleveland. These are two highly sought after players and makes me feel good about our QB and LT for the next 3-4 years.

ogredawg, think I read somewhere in the last day or two that Eason and Cleveland would be rooming together. That too can mean a lot to our program.

Like the fact that this years class has Dyshon Sims, along with Isaiah Wynn. Sure some of the others will step up and play. Hate that Jake Edwards went down. May be there is some light at the end of the tunnel ogredawg.

Spot on about McClendon/Rocker, here is hoping that the "Group" recognizes the "value" of both. McClendon has become a recruiting machine in Florida. Sherrer draws a lot of respect from high school coaches in Central Florida, for sure. Lots of talent in the middle of the state.

Running backs coming in this season have to like what they see happening along the offensive front. Several of us have had our fingers crossed for a "long time" wanting to see this happening.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61396 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Pruitt/Saban Leadership
B.Mcclendon should of been paid two years ago but as you say Buc I'M just thinking out load.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61397 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Pruitt/Saban Leadership
Thought or two about the Ben Cleveland commitment.

Noticed this past week that Cole Minshew said he would not be attending Dawg Night. Cole from Coffee County was an early commitment to FSU. Cole had been a Bulldog his entire youth, but FSU is a desirable university for young men in South Georgia to sign on with and they offered before we did.

Beginning to think that Cole Minshew was aware that Ben Cleveland was going to commit this past weekend. Maybe not by name, coaches don't "usually" do that when recruiting. Do think the message was sent that a "slot" on the offensive recruiting board was going to be taken over the weekend.

This is not to say that Cole Minshew won't be heading to Athens, but it does change the "total outlook" somewhat.

Believe that we can look forward to this young man in Red and Black. Impressive to me the way he remains on his feet both pass blocking and run blocking. Alabama and South Carolina wanted Devondre Seymour, without a doubt. He will play in 2014.

www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/highlights/37432431

Will Friend, many of us have stuck with you, some on other boards have not been as loyal. Showtime for the offensive line, Coach Will Friend. The missing link in my opinion for too many years.

Beginning to believe we have the talent on our coaching staff to think past "just" winning the "SEC East".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61399 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Pruitt/Saban Leadership
Predicting Georgia depth chart

Great group of LB now since they have some coaching going to be fun to watch.
I think Floyd can do like Jarvis this year and take a game over.

b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...U82ANQ.U82ANQ.bJuSHw

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds