Forum

From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61327 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Just 7 more Fridays and it will be GDF -0r- 43 days to kickoff

The SEC Media circus has packed up and departed Hoover for another
Year.

IMO we accounted ourselves very well. CC and his team mates did us proud. CMR presser in all was passable. I like his comment after Georiga being picked finishing 2nd in the East. He said when the seasons done Georgia wins the East.

This dovetails with the lack of respect give to HM in the preseason hype.

It’s fine with me that HM and our team are under the radar. Let the clamor go to Bama for now. It makes for coach speak at all the schools on their schedule.

Before it gets lost in the shuffle. Our front 7 is being talked about as being some special. If this proves out as I think it will, credit Coach Wilson for planting the seeds. CTR will continue to make this group better. Both coaching and recruiting. A very good thing

Dawg Night this weekend in Athens. May see more names of commits

Word up available spots are filling up best pay attention snooze and lose

Sidebar our front 7 will present the type of challenge CWF and his OL
will need to get better. I said in earlier post that practice will take on a
new meaning this year. Same for this upcoming fall camp.

Folks in FL when you hear your windows rattle you will know that practice has started. Love it!

Steve love the way the board is setup getting closer to the season so the traffic is going to pickup.

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”!!!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61329 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF
Good morning yankeedawg great post hope all is well.

Im ready to hear the boom my self.

Nothing like pads popping to get the heart going.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61335 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF
Thanks yd1....won't be long until the fun begins and your Friday specials will light everybody up for game day.

Imo, I think the ONLY reason USC is getting the nod to win the East in Hoover is because they are playing us at home....and if they beat is they would have to lose 2-3 games for us to pass them. Home field tips the scale in the media's minds imo.

Milder weather here in Jax this week (upper 80's) but still hot enough to have that cool one iced down for you.

Everybody have a great weekend.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61348 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF
Been a busy day for this old fart. Looking around, a lot of "stuff" being thrown around for "you and I" to look at and . . . . believe, if we choose.

Signed another player from South Florida, Shaquery Wilson. Some talk in the media/press about Shaquery playing on both sides of the ball. Won't happen. Pruitt and Sherrer have known about this South Florida young man for some time. Guarantee is that he will play the safety position at Georgia.

Know that most of you folks are recognizing what is going on since Toddy left.

Have to ask this question. What is the University of Georgia doing this particular year with scholarships? We are building or laying the foundation for a defensive football team that will return us to being a team that is not taken for granted.

For far too long, year after year the media has played this game with you and I. The game is that Georgia is "ready" to "compete". Not everyone, but far too many (media) don't know first off what it takes to produce a SEC football team that is head and shoulders above many college conferences. Playing the "star game" actually pp's me off, but I do understand "why".

What has happened in Athens? My opinion? Finally we have coaches that are coaching for one reason, they "love" the game. Disney loves the game, but that is for a different reason. Don't have to expound on that, except to say this . . . . high school and talented coaches from all ranks also can make serious money.

Maybe the single biggest thing coming out of Hoover, Alabama that impressed me was . . . . Ramik Wilson saying he was looking forward to his visit to Columbia, South Carolina for an afternoon SEC football game. Ramik is not "timid". Gamecocks hang that on your board.

We now have a Defensive Coordinator and group that don't like the "stuff" that has been presented to us by the leader of the Gamecocks.

Do not feel the same way about the defense as I did, maybe in the last three years. Would be totally surprised and shocked if this "first year defense" under Pruitt/Rocker and Company did not show "us" some things that we have not seen before. Have to say this . . . . Having not seen one game under this group of coaches, going along with Ramik Wilson . . . . the time is now.

Want to say much more, will stop. Ain't finished, time for some libations.

You folks like the new setup on this board? I do. Lots of folks reading what is posted here.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up. Clemson on the way, and . . . . that is a very good football team. I said that. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61349 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- 7 Fridays until GDF
Dang Buc you ahead of me again. Just reading about shaqvery on BR. Point blank CJP

Recruited him to plsy defense more important he wants to. Brings to mind all the talk

About us missing out on the in state talent. Might be true however not doing so bad

In the sunshine state. Like your point about building a defensive minded team

Enjoy your adult beverages...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds