Forum

Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61321 by Buc
There will be a lot of reports about Georgia football and football players coming from everywhere. That is how the reporters get paid.

Couple of things that got my attention, having watched the happenings from Hoover, Alabama.

Richt had been "Mr. Nice Guy" when the media asked him quesitons about grantham, since grantham departed for Louisville.

When Mark Richt spoke this morning, he did something in what I term as a "classy way" of kicking someones butt. Richt said plainly that he likes the way the coaching staff is getting along with each other. That was the first "indirect" slap that I had heard from him regarding grantham leaving and Pruitt/Rocker and Company arriving.

Richt also mentioned how Pruitt/Rocker and Company are coaching these young players up. Good on Richt, appears he made a serious mistake with grantham, but corrected the problem. Mentioned players getting into shape, also losing weight, moving faster. Simply from where I sit, Mark Richt has bought into Pruitt/Rocker and Company's way of "coaching them up". A term that many of us on this board have used for several years.

That takes me to . . . . this. Nick Saban has a number one man on his coaching staff, Kirby Smart. Fact. Has been mentioned here that Jeremy Pruitt is on a journey. Pruitt knew that he would not get promoted to defensive coordinator in Tuscaloosa, that belongs to Smart.

What Pruitt has done is recognize what it will take to get to where he "intends" to go in the coaching profession. Jimbo Fisher is not leaving FSU any time soon. Mark Richt was in a situation that was close (again) to blowing up in his face. Did not need any more "hot seat" talk in the press. Hurts recruiting, period.

Down to this. Hope that anyone reading this will watch the first video, then the second video featuring Ramik Wilson.

This is what I am hoping for . . . . we finally have someone that will coach along the same lines as Erk did. Listen to what Ramik said about the way Pruitt coaches, compare that with what the men that played for Erk said in the video.

There is a reason that Erk is my chosen avatar. Those that played for him explain it well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61322 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe
Think most of us know that grantham had this thing called "favorites". Any problem with the defense did not rest on grantham's shoulders, the players were at fault.

Nick Saban has not pulled grantham's name out of the hat to return to coach for him. Some folks just never "get it". The closer I look at the past three or four years, pp's me off that I tried to get on board with someone that has an "ego" the size of his.

One of the things that the FSU players have said about Pruitt, Alabama players also . . . . Pruitt's office door was/is never closed. FSU defensive backs did not want to see Pruitt leave.

One more shot at grantham. Right after taking the job at Louisville, said he would be coaching the defensive backfield. That didn't last past the words getting out of his mouth.

Erk believed and preached that defense wins championships, he was saying that way before it became popular in the press. grantham destroyed Georgia's defense. Players still in Athens know that to be true.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61323 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe
Another shot at grantham . . . .

“What I liked about Jeremy in regard to the secondary is that your defensive coordinator is a defensive backfield coach,”Richt said. “I think the fact that Jeremy coaches that position, understands it, I don’t think he’s going to call much at all that he doesn’t feel like the back end can handle at all.”

Pruitt not suggesting, saying this is what I want . . . . He told the strength coaches . . . .

“He wants the best out of you,” Wilson said. “If you aren’t going to give your best, you aren’t going to play. He has changed our culture. He told our strength coaches we need to run more. This is the most we have ever run in the offseason and I think it will pay off. We are going to be much faster. Every defensive lineman dropped 10 to 15 pounds. Everybody is in shape."

This is the type of coaching that comes from the Nick Saban way of doing things. Leaves no doubt about what needs to be done, period.

Ramik Wilson saying in the parargraph above that He has changed our culture.

Ramik Wilson also giving South Carolina something to hang on their chalk board. Makes it clear that this football team is looking forward to Columbia and Spurrier. Talk like this tells me that Pruitt/Rocker and Company are getting through to this group.

Shaq Wiggins left, good. grantham will coach him up, right?

Mark Richt just stay out of the way, this new group of coaches on the defense do not need any more "business as usual".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61325 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe
I like CJP and company with nobody has a starting job there looking to fill 11 spots.

Let the best guy play but I have a feeling Floyd Jenkins Ramik will be ok.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: TampaDawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61326 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe
What did Gurley say at SEC media days new phone and its being a pain thanks for the info.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61333 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Erk and Jeremy . . . . I Believe
After listening to CMR, I believe he knows and likes so much what he is seeing on the D side of the ball that he is/has given full reign to Pruitt (well, at least 99%).....and will sit back and enjoy.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds