Forum

July Weed control

9 years 9 months ago #61284 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic July Weed control
Do want to say this . . . . Have not tried to offend anyone. Cannabis is an issue that many choose not to discuss. Looking over statistics, appears that many have tried the herb.

Pulled up the Pew Report that I believe to be a solid gatherer of information. Check the Pew Research Center often on different subjects.

The bold paragraph below is a post from the first commenter to the report. I come from the early Vietnam era and I know and understand what many did prior to moving around in the rice fields/patties. At that time "hash" was very prevalent. Same substance that the young man in the video on page one of this thread used to correct or help his behaviour problems.

This might be my last post in this thread, have tried to say much. Not a guarantee, just feel it needs to be said. If someone hits a nerve, you know me. ;)

I’m a Vietnam veteran who has suffered chronic pain for over 40+ years so with the speed of MM becoming legal has excited me to the possibility of having something more to get me relief I need. God bless those who have taken on the task of making this valuable medicine become a reality for us who are suffering ;)

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/04/07...cts-about-marijuana/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61285 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic July Weed control
There are, amazingly, many things weed treats. PTSD, Anxiety, Appetite and the list goes on.

I don't think it helps while playing a football game. Maybe a zen thing. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

9 years 9 months ago #61287 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic July Weed control

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: stevedawg, believe you just hit where the rubber meets the road.

One of my very best friends, a retired law enforcement officer from Miami. In some of our conversations said it was "foolish" the way the law was enforced in some cases. Said over his lengthy career that alcohol caused him and the Miami Beach Department many more headaches than pot.

I am glad that we are having an open discussion on this board about what players can and cannot do. Coaches are forced to take "certain actions" and that I understand. Just another reason for "reasonable folks" to sit down and do what is best for not only the school, the student/athlete.

Whether some like it or not, cannabis is a part of today's society. Federal government tried to stop the consumption of alcohol in the USA. How did that turn out? Same is happening here, difference is, the Federal Government is geared up to tax, and the Feds love to tax.

Same thing is going before the Florida legislature, a bill to open medical marijuana clinics. Guess who is sponsoring the bill and is lobbying their butts off . . . . one of the largest law firms that practice in the Southeast. M&M and that is not Mickey and Minnie. They also run their television ads in Georgia. All about the money, and the leader of that law firm was pulled over for DUI in Orlando, Florida in the mid 1980's.

Glad to hear that you got your "Green Card" in California. Just believe it is time to stop the maddness. Yes or No on the idea of cannabis should be up to the individual. Different strokes for different folks. If smokers are like President Bill Clinton and choose not to "inhale" that is their choice. :whistle:

Buc, I believe your law enforecment friend about alcohol versus pot.....drunks want to fight, potheads want to eat.... :silly:

Also, to "dovetail" on that comment, when you mention "who" is sponsoring the bill in Fla, I immediately thought of the Girl Scouts...... :huh:

The hardest and deepest I have laughed in a long time wlayton. The second part. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That my friend is a (5). We had a very good football player not that far back that apparently got into the GSC's.

Also thought of you when I posted the video wlayton. Think it is ok if I say that. Said with respect, I assure you. :)

Thank you Buc, always take your comments as respectful.

I couldn't see the video here at work (blocked) but I was wondering if you and the video were referring to the preservative, thimerosal. I feel today and will the rest of my life that little Matthew became autistic from thimerosal in the shots he received. I'll have to look at the video when I get home, you may not have been referring to that.

Thanks for posting ANYTHING about autism....it is a huge epidemic now......sad.

wlayton, was thinking about you and your family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 9 months ago #61288 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic July Weed control
About six months ago, here on sports talk radio, host were discussing what good values teams are getting with their contracts on QBs. Of course Peyton Manning was discussed. One host said that Manning has done a great job in contract negotiations. Not getting tons of up front money, rather having larger sums spread out of term on contract.

Other announcer stated no one should be worried about Manning he was set for life. He owns 50 Papa Johns in a state that just legalized marijuana.

I nearly ran off the road laughing!

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 9 months ago #61289 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic July Weed control
:( :( :( I guess I'm old school & out of touch with the goings on in todays society. Never smoked the "WEED" as you call it, in fact don't smoke at all. It's a drug & should be used only on a doctors Rx. You know if aspirin was a new drug today it would be sold only on a Rx scrip.
It is the number one drug that is over dosed on today. Sorry to be so negative about the "WEED",
but to me it has no place as an over the counter purchase. Everyone has a right to his or hers opinion & I respect that in life & one this board. I just have problems with some of the comments made on this subject. Yes I do drink & enjoy my martini before dinner most nights. With that statement I have opened myself to the to what ever you want to throw at me. You smoke your "WEED" & I'll have my martini or gin & tonic, but at least what I buy is legal.
AS always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61290 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic July Weed control
DawgDoc I don't know you personally but I do respect your view.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds