Forum

Thank You Coach Mark Richt

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61242 by Buc
Thank You Coach Mark Richt was created by Buc
Of course I don't know how many on this board have read the article below. Would encourage all to do so.

Another reason that I read and agree with what Seth Emerson has to say. He gets away from some of the "stuff" that those in the business don't or won't put in print. More to football than some really care about.

Chose one paragraph from Seth's article to put in bold print.

Allow me this . . . . Many on this board know that there are several members with military in our background. Make this point quickly . . . . Every day 22 Veterans commit suicide. Then we have this BS going on in the VA system, called coverups. For many that are in high places in the VA, the only thing that matters is their bonus at the end of the year. Not all, not most, just the "treasure hunters".

This will probably piss some off, but I have been known to tell the truth. Most athletes playing football are Black Men. Latest numbers that I have seen, over 75% of the young men playing football are Black. So when I read the bold type below, I have thoughts that all men should stand up and be men.

“How many moms have said to coaches, ‘I can’t teach them how to be a man, can you help me?’ I would say half or more. It’s that situation,” he said. “So who’s gonna help them?”

www.macon.com/2014/07/12/3195387/help-fo...am-ends-richts.html#
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, ogredawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61263 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thank You Coach Mark Richt
Buc, it has become more apparent that life after your playing time is done is a huge

Adjustment. Many have zero business skills and did not complete their college education

CMR has taken this problem head on. IMO the right thing to do would not be surprised to

See other schools get on bosrd a very good thing

He is calling on all businessmen to join in. I wish him success in this endeavor

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61269 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thank You Coach Mark Richt
You make a very good point yd1. Had thought about the same prior to reading your post.

It was mentioned that this Mark Richt plan will or could aid in the area of recruiting. Richt said that was possible, but I believe him when he says that is not the reason.

Many of the coaches in the SEC and other conferences will do anything to keep pace.

From where I sit, think that ones heart has to be in the right place.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61292 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Thank You Coach Mark Richt

Buc wrote: Another reason that I read and agree with what Seth Emerson has to say. He gets away from some of the "stuff" that those in
“How many moms have said to coaches, ‘I can’t teach them how to be a man, can you help me?’ I would say half or more. It’s that situation,” he said. “So who’s gonna help them?”--> Oh, I don't know, maybe THEIR DADS!!! :gets_off_soapbox:

I was driving to a game in Athens with my son, might have been last year's LSU game, and they had a former player on talking about getting up for a big game. It was obvious to me that he was getting a test drive for a possible career behind the mic. He had some great insights, but his lack of speaking ability and poor, really poor, grammar, made it kind of hard to figure out where he was going.

I said to my son, "Somebody who loves that kid needs to enroll him in a public speaking course." Sounds like a microcosm of what Coach Richt is trying to do. Good on him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61294 by Buc

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

Buc wrote: Another reason that I read and agree with what Seth Emerson has to say. He gets away from some of the "stuff" that those in
“How many moms have said to coaches, ‘I can’t teach them how to be a man, can you help me?’ I would say half or more. It’s that situation,” he said. “So who’s gonna help them?”--> Oh, I don't know, maybe THEIR DADS!!! :gets_off_soapbox:

I was driving to a game in Athens with my son, might have been last year's LSU game, and they had a former player on talking about getting up for a big game. It was obvious to me that he was getting a test drive for a possible career behind the mic. He had some great insights, but his lack of speaking ability and poor, really poor, grammar, made it kind of hard to figure out where he was going.

I said to my son, "Somebody who loves that kid needs to enroll him in a public speaking course." Sounds like a microcosm of what Coach Richt is trying to do. Good on him.

dawgs_fans_dad, so much truth in what you said in this post.

Believe that too many ex-players are given a lot of leeway simply because they were good or great on the football field.

Simply saying, I want the person behind the microphone to be as good as the players are on the football field.

Good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61320 by Buc
Steve, watching Chris Conley being interviewed today (7/17/14) really was impressive. The future for this young man in both football and who knows what when we look at his accomplishments in writing, there is no limit for him.

Also shows that Conley made a good choice to become a Journalism Major at . . . . . The University of Georgia. Over 400,000 hits on his recently produced film.

Conley will have a great year in 2014 catching the football.

Remember this catch?

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds