Forum

Quarterback Coaching Questions?

9 years 9 months ago #61236 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
With you on that, Buc. My post was questioning why a coach would get his nose out of joint if a QB goes to camp and brings back some new tools for the toolbox. Guess pride gets in the way.

Especially that caliber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61238 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?

TN Dawg wrote: With you on that, Buc. My post was questioning why a coach would get his nose out of joint if a QB goes to camp and brings back some new tools for the toolbox. Guess pride gets in the way.

Especially that caliber.

TN Dawg seem to remember a comment from Hutson Mason getting with Mike Bobo's father for some quarterback instruction. Hutson said that helped him also. Brother, never yet have I met one person in my lifetime that knew everything.

There is so much job insecruity these days in the coaching ranks, those pulling in the "green stuff" seem to guard their positions with vigor.

Not a doubt in my mind that Hutson Mason and AM have had conversations since AM left for the NFL. Hutson has mentioned that if my recall is correct.

If Hutson going to the Manning Camp, also chatting with Mike Bobo's Father produces an extra touchdown or an extra win, from where I sit, it was time well spent. AM knew how to read defenses much better after attending the camps. Said a while back that he knew more about making the safety, linebacker or defensive back tip their hand. That in my opinion was one of the reasons that AM set so many records in America's Conference . . . . the SEC. :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61239 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Quarterback Coaching Questions?
I just hope Mason and Mitchell can get own the same page MM is ready to go out a winner.

Mason has room to get better I like he made the choice to do so.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61240 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: I just hope Mason and Mitchell can get own the same page MM is ready to go out a winner.

Mason has room to get better I like he made the choice to do so.

Dawg With Style, no doubt that Mitchell is an exceptional athlete. We have an incoming freshman that reminds me so much of Malcolm . . . . Terry Godwin.

Both of these young men can play on both sides of the ball. Beginning to believe that Godwin will line up and play offense. Only thing wrong with that picture . . . . Pruitt was responsible for Terry Godwin signing on with us.

So much talent in Athens, here is hoping that as I have said before . . . . hope our head coach leaves the coaching to the coaches.

Must say this . . . . AM, Mason, both went to other camps and coaches for instruction. Our offensive coordinator played QB for us. Our head coach played for Miami and had a short stay in Denver. Still our quarterbacks look for "more" outside of Athens. That actually is not a shot at Bobo and Richt, it is just calling it like "I" see it.

Cannot see too many players coming our way that will play on the defense if not totally commited to that side of the ball. Certainly I can be wrong, but feel I have a good "picture" of our defensive coordinator and how he will coach.

Back to the offense. This group that will play in 2014 have enormous talent. Again my biggest concern is the offensive line. Know that some others on this board share the same thoughts about the offensive line.

Still trying not to say too much about Faton Bauta. Who knows, maybe he will attend the Manning Camp and try to get with George Whitaker. Folks in South Florida believe he has "all the tools". Don't get me wrong folks, I hope Hutson Mason has an incredible year. If he does, Georgia could very well reach the "final four".

Have to say this . . . . Nick Marshall in trouble. Gus Malzahn will "handle" this . . . . right?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61241 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: I also remember when AM came back from the camp in Okla that CMR and CMB noses were bent

AM wanted to get better period he never crossed his local coaches but he was a sponge when

It comes to learning. In life never hurts to get a second opinion. He was looking

To have a fresh set of eyes who knew football. Good players in any sport are looking

For a edge over the competition that is legal. Fact....

Think our coaches have learned hopefully...why would any QB not want to be coached

By someone named Manning? Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, could not get away from this post. You have always been "careful" to be "truthful". Speaking for myself, that is appreciated.

It bothers me that year after year everyone that posts not only here but elsewhere fall into a "slot". Not much chatter about "facts", as you mention above. Never hurts to look at "history" and forgive me if we are on opposite sides . . . . We have a "history" of making believe that Georgia is one of the top football colleges in the country. Sadly, that is not true.

Reading some of the posts that are presented on other boards, boards like the AJC, they could care less about "facts". They care about themselves. Much like what I see going on with the Internal Revenue and the VA SCANDAL.

Not going to beat on that, but . . . . Allow me this . . . . Something has to change in the Classic City. Maybe it calls for a change in the "Group". Yes, I know that I keep beating on the "Group". The "Group" has been in "our" back pockets since the 1940's. yd1, that is a FACT.

Hard sometimes to equalize, the "Group" never learned that lesson. And, those that work the beat, write and tell "you and I" how college football works, meaning stars***** have never strapped on the head gear, thigh pads, shoulder pads, cleats and worked out in the weight room.

Here is what is sad about the above paragraph . . . . "They get away with it". Think about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61243 by Buc
Some more of what was said by Hutson Mason. Not hiding or worrying about whether or not he says the right thing. I say that is a good thing. That does make me lean toward Hutson Mason being a leader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entering his first season as Georgia’s starting quarterback, Hutson Mason -- one of seven SEC quarterbacks in attendance -- said he immediately started learning new things from the pro and college players upon arrival at the camp on Thursday.

For one thing, he said Peyton and Eli emphasized that a quarterback’s pregame routine should include more than just warming up with a few deep balls and skeleton-style throws with no defender. They told the college players to focus on quarterback-specific drills where they practice moving inside the pocket and keeping their eyes focused downfield.

“I think that’s what I was looking forward to is not only asking these guys how they do things at their school and maybe taking a little bit from them, but also the Mannings have drills that I’ve never really done. Yesterday I went and wrote them down so I wouldn’t forget them,” Mason said. “We kind of get repetitive with the drills we do, so it’s good to go into like a new library, use new resources, so to speak. You can’t get anything better than these guys.”

This line pulled from the paragraph above . . . . been a lot of talk on this board about being "repetitive". “We kind of get repetitive with the drills we do, so it’s good to go into like a new library, use new resources, so to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hutson speaks out. Good on you Senior Quarterback.

This is coming from our starting quarterback, makes me believe that Hutson will do better than maybe some of us expect.

Also says that there are questions that need to be answered at other SEC schools concerning the quarterback position.

Might be reading too much into what is being said, but what is being posted was SAID.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds