Forum

Blake Edwards

9 years 8 months ago #61200 by yankeedawg1
Blake Edwards was created by yankeedawg1
Sorry to report freshman Blake Edwards will take a medical red shirt for 2015 the OL torn his ACL

Doing agility drills. Back in 2015. Truly hope yhis is not a forecast of this season

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61203 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Blake Edwards
This is not to carry this subject too far, just a reminder of what has been said on this board at length.

Most of us feel strongly that Georgia now has and has had superior running backs for a long period of time. Running backs have been a cornerstone for our program going back to names like Charlie Trippi and moving forward to Todd Gurley. Yes I know there are some names that could be inserted between the two names mentioned. Trying to make a point.

Our head coach has mentioned on more than one occasion over the years that we cannot have too many running backs. Don't disagree with that, do have to say that some of us have taken that to mean other positions have not gotten the same attention.

Speaking for myself, have said on this board that injuries not only happen at the running back position, injuries do and have occured along our offensive line maybe as much or more so than the running back position.

Bothers me a great deal that Jake Edwards went down. Did some research on Jake and felt he would contribute this 2014 Season, from where I sit, this really hurts our program.

What really bothers me is looking at the offensive line talent that is in the 2015 recruiting class, and too many of those from the State of Georgia are crossing state lines. A bit tired of the lip service that is given us from those that run our program. With the running backs that sign on with UGA and the group that has signed on in 2014 . . . . What seems to be the problem with so many of these young talented players not choosing Georgia?

Don't think I am being ugly, maybe that is the problem, not enough of us making it a point to those in charge that first off we have to have depth. Depth does not mean a damn thing if we have the greatest running backs in college football without offensive line personnel to do what is necessary for the backs to sparkle.

Again, truly regret that Jake Edwards went down. Question . . . . How much of this can we (UGA) have happen and compete at the level needed in the SEC? Especially the SEC.

Time for those in Athens to start gaining ground on those that choose to leave Georgia for what reason . . . . that is the "real question".

Thinking out loud again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds