Forum

News on Defensive Backs -- Help

9 years 9 months ago #61216 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
wlayton had not read what you mentioned above.

wlayton going over the names that you mention, makes me feel even better about Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Has me believing that there is a "strong" possibility of going deeper "position wise" than I have seen in many years past.

While in Davie, Florida over the 4th weekend, spent some time with a person that I am very close to. He is a football coach and runs the weight room, for his high school. PJ said to me that more and more the young men in South Florida are dedicating themselves to be "physically prepared" to play football. Get a chance look at the arms and bodies of Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie from American Heritage High School.

Thanks for the come back. See that you do the same thing that I often do, go back and read posts and threads. So much good information in the files on this board.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

Allow me this . . . . It will be so satisfying to me to see "improvement" by our defensive backs. Not a doubt in my mind that we have some young pups on the defensive front and linebacking corps that will cause a lot of problems in 2014.

Again, Go Dawgs!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61220 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
Buc we are going to go from a WTF defense to one that has the mind set of causing havoc for the opponents offense

Awake the Nation....... words from Sheldon Dawson Time to see the changes on the field coming closer

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 9 months ago #61221 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
With you Buc, improvement in the secondary I feel is inevitable (guess couldn't get worse) and the front 7 are going to be really good.....a show mentioned 3 LB's as possible ALL-SEC.

Btw, don't know if you saw/heard this but there was a THREE year poll that was put out with several pieces of criteria i.e. HC, current players, recruits, potential this and that etc....over the next three year period they ranked Bama #1, FSU #2, believe LSU #4, AU #5 and UGA 8th. Believe SCaro was 9th and UF 14th.....5 of the top 14 were from SEC.

We would have ranked higher but CMR hasn't proven he can go to the next level and that was a concern with the panel. FSU was ranked higher than Bama on best athletes.

All this is from my memory...DO know Bama was #1 and we were 8th. :unsure: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61223 by Buc
Did see an article rating the teams wlayton . . . . pp'd me off when I saw where Ohio State was ranked. urban will get a pass over and over. Here is hoping that Michigan State can be a solid pain in urban's butt. Not going to be surprised to see Franklin's Penn State group lining up in the very near future and not being a lap dog for urban.

I am one of those that believes that Mark Dantonio is one of the very best football coaches in CFB. He would be a terror if he was coaching in the SEC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61231 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
I think you will see a change in the DBs that UGA recruits in the future under Pruitt. He likes the taller, rangier kids who are 6' and taller. Shortest is 5'9" in MP. Really look for SF and SJ to make a big splash.

Keep going back to comments I have heard from Pruitt about 4 and 5 stars coming in having to "earn right" to start each year. Makes me believe not just as freshmen, but all the way to Sr. year.

Me thinks this is a very good thing
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61233 by Buc
TN Dawg, if the defensive backs have to earn their "place" each year, regardless of which class they came in with, improves their chances of moving on to the NFL.

Already with the new defensive coaches we have seen this . . . . nothing is a "given". Sharp contrast to the coaching methods we watched prior to Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds