Forum

News on Defensive Backs -- Help

9 years 9 months ago #61177 by Buc
News on Defensive Backs -- Help was created by Buc
Spent some time around the 4th in South Florida, did not look at many of the sites/links that I normally do day to day.

Somewhere I heard that our defensive backs have looked very good in this "off season" (is there such a thingy anymore?) during practices without coaches.

Someone on this board can surely fill me in about the defensive back talk over the past few days.

One defensive back that I know is going to give it his all is Shaquille Jones from my area. Think I heard that he has impressed thus far. Anyone got anything?

Will start looking . . . . getting back into my "routine". :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61179 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
Buc welcome back glad you enjoyed the 4th. Now get back to work. Lol

Like what Sheldon Dawson said about awakening the nation. That there is no talking

At practice about what the defense is going to do this season. Just working to get better

As noted CJP on the field not yelling from the sidelines. A very good thing

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61180 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
Is anything known about Pruitt switching the young pups around. Like moving from db to safety and vice versa. Maybe not too much has been said thus far, probably at this point hard to get a direct line on that type of chatter.

Up until a few days ago had read some of the stuff in the press about so and so would play a particular position. Now I read where nothing is set. Makes sense to me. Pruitt wants his defensive backs to react a certain way, his way is the way I will put it.

When the young fellows start fall practice, just have this feeling that what they have been working on this summer has been laid out for them. Meaning the coaches left the troops with a plan so as to be able to hit the floor running SOON.

One of the determining factors that I see when watching the FSU film is hitting and running to the play to make a hit. Most of us know that was a missing part in our recent past. Could very well be that full pads on in the fall will determine starters. The defensive backs at FSU last season could and did bring it. Lots of first timers on the field at that point. Damn impressive.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61181 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
Fenteng has been cleared to enroll this fall a 6/2in ball hawg CJP said it was going to be hard to keep him off the field.

He looks good own film I just can't download it but he looks better than the two that left.

He is ranked as the number.1 juco CB by espn.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61182 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help
Many of you have probably read the article below written by Seth Emerson for Athlon. Much of it has been discussed on this board, but there are a couple of areas that bring "light" to what we suspected, but had not been said in this particular way.

athlonsports.com/college-football/jeremy...issing-piece-georgia
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61215 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic News on Defensive Backs -- Help

Buc wrote: Spent some time around the 4th in South Florida, did not look at many of the sites/links that I normally do day to day.

Somewhere I heard that our defensive backs have looked very good in this "off season" (is there such a thingy anymore?) during practices without coaches.

Someone on this board can surely fill me in about the defensive back talk over the past few days.

One defensive back that I know is going to give it his all is Shaquille Jones from my area. Think I heard that he has impressed thus far. Anyone got anything?

Will start looking . . . . getting back into my "routine". :)

Buc...here's a little tidbit if you haven't seen it.

. This is from Scout’s Dean Legge:

I look for Shattle Fenteng, Malkom Parrish and Shaq Jones to all play this fall in the secondary. Jones has been the most talked about this summer. He’s not big (apparently he can’t lift weights to save his life), but he can make plays. Considering the turnover in the secondary, and the coaching staff, the cornerback position opposite Damien Swann is going to be wide open. Fenteng is going to have a good shot of playing or starting in the secondary. Also, someone is going to have to play nickelback, and that's where Parrish could get his best shot of starting.
The secondary is the spot where the most transition is going to occur this fall. Even if the likes of Josh Harvey-Clemons, Tray Matthews and Shaq Wiggins were still in silver britches, only JHC would be a certain starter this fall. Quincy Mauger had already seemingly passed Matthews as a starter – quite a regression from the spring of 2013 Matthews had.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds