Forum

From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF

9 years 9 months ago #61128 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF

yankeedawg1 wrote: Our flag was still there......With his blessings may it be always

Yes, Happy 4th to everyone......have a safe day!

yd1, you wrote "With his blessings may it be always".....dead on imo, our country needs His blessings.

Going to the beach with the family, will save a cool one for you as always.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61129 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF
Happy 4th from Kiawah Island. Family down here vacationing and having a wonderful Independence Week celebration. Sweated Monday and Tuesday out waiting for Arthur to decide he wanted to skip SC coast. Prayers to those in NC and above.

Ran into another Bulldog on the beach. Said he is nothing but impressed with what he has seen in Pruitt so far. He has been to several practices and Pruitt is on field coaching as plays are run. Not screaming from sideline like other DC. Has told some defensive players they are not playing in right position and will move them to where they are better suited to play. says he has no starters yet.

Told me something about former FB Hicks being moved to TE and that he has great hands. We already know he can block.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 9 months ago #61150 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF

TN Dawg wrote: Happy 4th from Kiawah Island. Family down here vacationing and having a wonderful Independence Week celebration. Sweated Monday and Tuesday out waiting for Arthur to decide he wanted to skip SC coast. Prayers to those in NC and above.

Ran into another Bulldog on the beach. Said he is nothing but impressed with what he has seen in Pruitt so far. He has been to several practices and Pruitt is on field coaching as plays are run. Not screaming from sideline like other DC. Has told some defensive players they are not playing in right position and will move them to where they are better suited to play. says he has no starters yet.

Told me something about former FB Hicks being moved to TE and that he has great hands. We already know he can block.

Back home from South Florida. Did not post this past holiday, but did read this post and posted a thank you from Davie, Florida. Do have a couple of things to speak to later.

TN Dawg, gets my motor reved up/turning high rpm's with the information you posted above about Quayvon Hicks. He can be a player that will make other teams take notice. Big, strong, understands that catching the football will greatly enhance his chances of playing in the NFL. Blocking, goes without saying that the NFL will jump all over a tightend that can and will block.

If Quayvon Hicks gets substantial playing time this season at TE, looks more and more like our fullback play will be dangerous (again) . . . . takes me back a few years.

Believing that Brendan Douglas and Marritt Hall will spend a lot of time at fullback. That has to be a plus for the good guys.

If Jay Rome is ready to play football, not meant to be a downer statement, hurt is hurt, but the young man has great talent and size. That alone could drive opposing coaches nuts, especially when looking at all of the parts that will be on the field in 2014.

Here is hoping that this group can come together. Much has been said in the past about a new year, don't want to go through that BS again. "Talk" has been just that in too many previous seasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 9 months ago #61158 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF
Have to believe that those with more knowledge and experience than us will be moving BD to FB position. He would be a wrecking ball for our RBs. Not to mention the third-and-two quick hitter for three.

JR has had nothing but bad luck. QH will add depth. Also know they are high on Jeb Blazeovich. If he can get up to speed just that much better.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61163 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF

TN Dawg wrote: Have to believe that those with more knowledge and experience than us will be moving BD to FB position. He would be a wrecking ball for our RBs. Not to mention the third-and-two quick hitter for three.

JR has had nothing but bad luck. QH will add depth. Also know they are high on Jeb Blazeovich. If he can get up to speed just that much better.

TN Dawg, first thing, apologize to Merritt Hall for misspelling his name. I have always been an admirer of his for this reason, he is a team player. Young Merritt Hall has heart and I truly admire him for the way he has shown others that believing is a way to move forward.

Ain't no doubt that Douglas is a "slice" of the "team concept".

Quayvon Hicks moving to tightend, belive that I can use the same words said above. Had been told that Hicks' head got a "little out of position" at one point. That can and has happened to many before Quayvon.

On board with you on those that are above us that are looking at the "talent" in Athens.

Time is now, too much talent to "hide". Still believe we are going to base the win, losses on what the offensive line can bring forward this season. Looking forward to Greg Pyke and what he has to offer. Young man has the talent to play on Sundays.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61165 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens-9 Fridays to GDF
Chris Conely says he's ready to go I've always liked him hope he has a break out year.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds