Forum

From Athens= Friday # 19

9 years 11 months ago #60182 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Fact. CMR. Stay out of the kitchen. To many cooks ruin the soup

Ballsack has had the same magic recruiting as Urban. I think both have peaked

CTR is very comfortable in his skin back in college ball a teacher at work

Has opportunity at UGA. understood from the git go what CJP was doing and knows his role

Happy in his work. Huge pickup when He signed on. Both know what it takes to win in the SEC

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 11 months ago #60183 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
yankeedawg1, Rocker will not be a coach that will waiver. He played the defensive line and played it well. Young pups know from the git go that Tracy played in the NFL, same place that many of these young men want to end up.

When it comes to recruiting in the future, I think we have the right combinations on the defense. While Pruitt did not play pro ball, he does wear a National Championship ring as a defensive coordinator, and was on the staff of Nick Saban and participated in other championships. Might mention along with coaching for Saban, Pruitt was allowed to coach the defensive backs, Saban is a very cautious coach as to who teaches that part of Alabama football.

Mix in Rocker with his NFL experience both playing and coaching, comes with a much higher degree of acceptance to young pups than grantham and his "supposed" NFL experience.

Not to say that the other defensive coaches don't bring much to Athens. Cannot picture Pruitt at this point in his upward trend hiring coaches that don't get the job done. No doubt this is a very aggressive group of talented coaches. Will be interesting to see how the 15/16 recruiting years pan out.

Will say this again . . . . If I am currently on the UGA Football Roster, would damn sure return to Athens in the Fall in good shape and some fire in the belly. Fall practice will be much different than Spring. Time to get down to the nitty gritty and put folks in their rightful places. Pruitt and Rocker will hit the ground running, would advise the young pups to take heed.

What is that old saying?
Is you is or is you ain't?
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 11 months ago #60189 by yankeedawg1
Buc. I am with you about being in shape come fall camp. You will get passed if you aren't

Camp is not going to be for getting in shape. More to be done than that

Feel strongly that both the O and. D. had very detailed instructions

Close watch under the new NCAA. S & C rules

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 11 months ago #60190 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens= Friday # 19

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc. I am with you about being in shape come fall camp. You will get passed if you aren't

Camp is not going to be for getting in shape. More to be done than that

Feel strongly that both the O and. D. had very detailed instructions

Close watch under the new NCAA. S & C rules

Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, more than once you have mentioned and I pull from your quote above . . . . Camp is not going to be for getting in shape.

If I miss my guess . . . . those that don't believe "staying in shape means something are pping into the wind". If that does not turn out to be true, then Pruitt and company have not changed a damn thing. I mention Pruitt for this reason . . . . Buc feels that our defense was/is loaded with skilled football players, they did not have a leader, that was the missing factor. That last statement goes past defensive coordinator.

I believe that "we" are close to the edge. That is not a bad thing I just said. On the "edge" we win/lose some games that maybe we should not. It also works in the other direction, we win/lose some games that a fumble or referee call or whatever put the "W" in either column. Realize that I am repeating myself, hard to be on point all of the time, and of course I realize that I am not on point or even close many times.

I do however try and discuss UGA football. Goes deeper than that, love swimming, and wish there was a way to bring basketball to the forefront.

I sincerely believe that we have "some coaches" that are not in the right places. It goes further than that . . . . I believe that we have too many folks "grounded" in their jobs.

Must say this . . . . many universities and their supporters believe in the last statement I made above.

Supposedly the NCAA with Emmert would make everything better. Hope many under this comment. Sometimes with our best efforts, we do not reach the finish line. When we discuss football, there is no getting away from our past. When we discuss basketball, same applies. Hard for me to understand why.

What I wish for is this . . . . for those that have the "power" to change some things to do so. Very frustrating at my age watching the pages turn, but not the results needed from turning the pages. I also understand that there is always "next year".
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 11 months ago #60191 by yankeedawg1
Mediocrity is damn frustrating at any age, you are correct it tends to intensify with age and about things you care about

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60193 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens= Friday # 19
Frustrating is knowing there is a problem knowing how to fix it but you know you can't.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds