Forum

UGA vs AU?

9 years 11 months ago #60231 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic UGA vs AU?

Buc wrote:
My bet is "goose" wants to see this game left as is.

You KNOW I do Buc! One of my favorite things about UGA football season is telling my Dad, my Sister, & now my WIFE who all don the orange & blue what time it is come early November.

Regarding the whole SEC schedule thing, I'm ALL ABOUT maintaining tradition. Gotta play Auburn every year & keep the DSOR in tact. Gotta play (and beat) Tech every year as well (too much fun, too much old fashion hate).

My vote: add a 3rd bye week, play 9 SEC games in order to play other SEC West teams besides Auburn more than twice every 12 years. Also, get rid of the cupcakes all together. Play 3 out of conference teams from other BCS conferences & so what if every year the Final Four has 1, 2, or possibly even 3 loss teams; they will be battle tested & will have EARNED the right to play for all the marbles. I want to see our Dawgs play at the Big House, South Bend, or the Rose Bowl before I die.

I doubt any of the "powers that be" want to get rid of the cupcakes (I like TN Dawg's keep it in-state idea) but let's maintain all of the historic SEC rivalries & I really like the attempt to even the playing field by making everybody in the SEC play 1 big-time OOC opponent annually.

Good thread guys; will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the coming years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60233 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA vs AU?
GD78. Good to hear from you. Enjoy the summer

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60295 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA vs AU?
TN Dawg, reading this thread again, goes to show just how much the strong rivalry between Georgia/Auburn has remained for a long time.

Looking around found this quote from the Auburn side as very interesting when referring to Marshall.

It's also fun to envision what a second season might look like for a quarterback who nearly led his team to a national championship in 2013. There were 13 seconds remaining on the clock when Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston hit Kelvin Benjamin in the Rose Bowl end zone for the game-winning score last January. Auburn's coaches and players clearly haven't forgotten.

"You come up 13 seconds short of winning the whole thing, you use that as motivation," said Malzahn. "We need to try to find a way to get better, try to get back."

"We were 13 seconds away," said Marshall. "We're just trying to bring it to our game this year to be 13 seconds better than we were last year."

Auburn folks talking about "13 seconds" . . . . No mention of the game where we had them beaten, which would of course not given those chirping about "13 seconds" a reason to say that. Or maybe a last second return against Alabama that was out of the ordinary, especially for a Nick Saban coached team.

Appears that there were some "attitude" problems with Georgia and Alabama last season. Maybe Auburn will meet a couple of different "attitudes" this season.

Gus did say above that he will use that as "motivation" for the 2014 Season. Look forward to Georgia/Auburn between the Hedges. Here is hoping that our coaches use the 2013 Auburn game as motivation, and get the players to buy in.

Looking forward to "Special Teams" improvements in 2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60296 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA vs AU?
Buc Insane will be the level of hype going into Assburn and Dawgs playing in Sanford

CTR and CJP on the sidelines for the R & B

By the time we play this game we will know about just how much we have improved

Love we play them at home and later in the season Like to see us bow up and put a smile on Erk's face

We need to play a game that Munson would have to come up with a new line

Love it to be a night game cool temps and lather the dawgs up. Let the run the urange tiggers all the way back to

the Bama state line GATA Damn it isn't even June yet..............Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60298 by Buc
yankeedawg1, looking back through some of the threads, some very entertaining reading. Like reading what all of us had to say a while back.

My opinion. Not too much more that Gus can do with his offense, other than put the ball in the air. Says that will happen. If so, good rush from our front and hoping that Pruitt has the defensive backfield ready, could put smiles on our faces.

More than one defensive player ready to get after the quarterback. Pruitt has said he likes putting pressure on the quarterback, know for sure that Rocker does.

Really looking forward to seeing how many pounds some of these guys drop over the summer. That is going to be a tough thing for many of these young puppies to do. Will require more discipline than has been previously required. Also hoping that many players remain on campus and work like they did when AM was the man. Believe that Hutson will put forth the same effort.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #60300 by Buc
Notice that the press is making some noise about Greg Pyke. First off, makes me happy. Why? We have been on the Pyke subject for some time. Questions like . . . . "What is going on with Pyke"? Some of us believed that he had tremendous potential. Maybe there was a huge breakthrough this Spring, both player and offensive line coach. Still believe that Will Friend is the right coach.

Looks like Greg Pyke has all but locked down the right offensive guard slot. That is a very good thing, little more stability. Looks like we might be running the ball on the right side more this season, that ain't a bad thing either.

Brothers, here is hoping that a couple of the incoming players can find "some" playing time along the offensive front. That would be a huge step forward, especially moving into the future.

Started to pull some of the Greg Pyke conversations out of the vault we have had here, probably not necessary. Here is also hoping that Kublanow's Spring setback was temporary, also believe he is our starting left guard.

yd1, you are right, it is a slow time, but does not have to be. More to Georgia football than having to discuss a game to be played or just played.

One story that I hope does not appear between now and Fall practice . . . . that old thingy that has hurt us for several years when players had too much free time on their hands. Maybe the new coaches made an impression on what I think is a "solid" group of D1 football players.

I am sold on Tracy Rocker, he has the ability to move this defense forward, and will. Nasty has finally found itself in the Classic City. This group has a solid chance of doing things that were recently "talked about" and seldom performed. Even with the ball in the air, this defense will not give up the points that grantham did.

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds