Forum

From Athens =Good Friday & Easter

10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #60043 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
I very much appreciate the honesty in this article.

Without being a doubting soul, it just points out the problems that some of the folks on this board have referred to concerning the offensive line. Never a doubt about running backs, but always concern about the offensive line.

I am incredibly happy about Dyshon Sims coming to Athens. Hold me to this. He is a great young man . . . . he will kick your ass on the football field. Hard knocks, Dyshon Sims understands. SEC will find out about this young man soon enough. Will Friend don't believe you are a coach that relies on excuses. Show time with Dyshon Sims. Comes down to being "taught" Coach.

Isaiah Wynn, when Isaiah puts the pads on, he is ready for a fight.

Comes a time when folks like you and I have to admit that "our program" has not been a "balanced program". If you disagree with that, I suspect you post on the AJC.

www.macon.com/2014/04/18/3054285/almost-...eorgias-o-line.html#

Third time I have posted this video. Many years ago when I was a bit younger, the term used was "bad ass". Isaiah Wynn is a "bad ass". Many of the "know it alls" would have us believe that Wynn is too small height wise to play left tackle. Watch the video closely, what do you think about his lower body (footwork)? Is he "nasty" enough, those that read this board will find out when he dresses out in Red and Black.

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1208883/#highlights/81794378

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #60044 by Buc
Players like Dyshon Sims make good football teams great. What say you Will Friend? There is a reason that Dyshon participated in this particular game.

Mark Richt, wake up, you have spent too many years not "understanding" what your bevy of running backs needed. Marino made his holes, now we have Gurley doing the same thing. You have some serious running backs coming to the Classic City. Have you at this point learned anything about offensive line play? SHOW ME!

Dyson Sims not unlike Isaiah Wynn, understands the "entire play". Offensive line that is already in Athens with game experience . . . . you ain't seen nothing yet.

www.goarmy.com/events/all-american-bowl/...ast/dyshon-sims.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #60045 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
QB is going to be a big weakness in 2014. Hold me to it and if HM has a big year I will come back and say I was wrong.......but if the O line does not get its act straight HM will not have a good year like we need him to have. We are deep at RB but with the right D schemes it can shut down a good running game. The Receiving corps should be one of the best in the country and our Defense is unproven but experienced. O line will make or break our season along with our QB.....that is what I got out of the spring.....like I said not very impressed with G day as it was a lot of "coach" speak about "performance"

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 day ago #60046 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
Just enjoying a peaceful rainy night in Georgia. Thankful for many things

Watching Georgia settling for the evening doing her nightly routine

This got me to thinking just how amazing the past four months for our football program has been

We are creatures of habit, our team had to learn a completely new set

Granted it was just new coaches for the D but it has been woven into the fabric of this years

Team the entire team. I sense a completely new line. Of communication between the assistant

Coaches and CMR This was first tested by CJP and CMB on how the drills were run in practice

CMR said OK. Let's give it a try. Old Dog the trick thingy

In my management team I demanded cross talk between departments nobody could hide by claiming

To be out of the loop......Coming months much traffic will be flying between our coaching

Staff. CWF. As I have noted earlier is one of the Bama Boys. His message about the big

Uglies will reach the Godfathers ears

Me thinks you will see a different approach in recruiting OL

Go Dawgd

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 day ago #60047 by Buc
yd1, you know that Dyshon Sims comes highly recommended to us. As did JHC, and I have had discussions about him with a former UGA player. Sims comes to Athens to not only play football, he is a great young man . . . . on the field . . . . "nasty", off of the field, smart young puppy. Great get. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 1 day ago #60048 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
Like I said Sims is going to start the ball rolling. OL will want to come block for the

Likes of NC & SM. Just saying we will get our ducks in a row sooner rather than later

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds