Forum

From Athens =Good Friday & Easter

10 years 6 days ago #60047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
yd1, you know that Dyshon Sims comes highly recommended to us. As did JHC, and I have had discussions about him with a former UGA player. Sims comes to Athens to not only play football, he is a great young man . . . . on the field . . . . "nasty", off of the field, smart young puppy. Great get. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 days ago #60048 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
Like I said Sims is going to start the ball rolling. OL will want to come block for the

Likes of NC & SM. Just saying we will get our ducks in a row sooner rather than later

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 6 days ago #60049 by Buc
ogredawg, you are a stand up guy, no denying that.

Offensive line is the big "thingy" now and probably the next two years. Big names don't mean a damn thing if the "big names" are "just" running backs. UGA has been a "misfit" along the offensive line since 2001.

Anyone doubt that? Check the upcoming NFL Draft and let us see whether it is a running back or offensive lineman chosen first.

This draft is loaded with running backs, but . . . . watch the offensive linemen get chosen before them.

Time for Mark Richt and Mike Bobo to understand that the play "starts" with the offensive line. Hard to explain to a couple of former quarterbacks. Game has changed, coaches need to do the same . . . . change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
10 years 5 days ago - 10 years 5 days ago #60052 by Buc
ogredawg, reading the article below, took me back to something you said here recently. You are more aware than most of us, maybe all of us as to what is going on in your area.

Couple of thoughts after reading the article.

LSU has been recruiting Georgia, especially the Atlanta area for many years. Never quite understood why we did not do the same in LSU "territory". For damn sure we were not getting the top talent in our state.

One of the things in the article that stuck out to me was Auburn recruiting a top notch offensive lineman from that area. One thing for sure, Gus knows what makes his "game" work. High school coach turned college coach that does not let grass grow under his feet. Gus is known as a worker, much like that "other" head coach in Alabama.

Pruitt comes in and many things seem to have changed. Pruitt does not allow grass to grow under his feet either. Can only imagine when Pruitt leaves for a head coaching job the amount of "good will" he has built in Georgia with high school coaches and players. Pruitt is no fool, he is a dedicated young man, doing the kind of work that I hope the University of Georgia learns to appreciate.

Put some heat on Miles and company, it will require that they spend more time with their in state recruiting, less out of state work. Call it fighting fire with fire. At some point I fully expect Pruitt and his group to pull in "names" that were once not approached out of state. Pretty simple . . . . Defensive Coordinator looking to be a head coach at his next stop.

Laid back and lazy seldom produce results.

www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/0...slew_of_prospec.html

www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/0...spot_in_espns_f.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
10 years 5 days ago #60055 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter

Buc wrote: I very much appreciate the honesty in this article.

Without being a doubting soul, it just points out the problems that some of the folks on this board have referred to concerning the offensive line. Never a doubt about running backs, but always concern about the offensive line.

I am incredibly happy about Dyshon Sims coming to Athens. Hold me to this. He is a great young man . . . . he will kick your ass on the football field. Hard knocks, Dyshon Sims understands. SEC will find out about this young man soon enough. Will Friend don't believe you are a coach that relies on excuses. Show time with Dyshon Sims. Comes down to being "taught" Coach.

Isaiah Wynn, when Isaiah puts the pads on, he is ready for a fight.

Comes a time when folks like you and I have to admit that "our program" has not been a "balanced program". If you disagree with that, I suspect you post on the AJC.

www.macon.com/2014/04/18/3054285/almost-...eorgias-o-line.html#

Third time I have posted this video. Many years ago when I was a bit younger, the term used was "bad ass". Isaiah Wynn is a "bad ass". Many of the "know it alls" would have us believe that Wynn is too small height wise to play left tackle. Watch the video closely, what do you think about his lower body (footwork)? Is he "nasty" enough, those that read this board will find out when he dresses out in Red and Black.

www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1208883/#highlights/81794378

Buc, in the 1st article......."Hey, Friend wouldn’t mind that. Right now the rotating is out of necessity, not design".......Equals lack of depth.....again.

:huh:

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds